A Class is a session that an instructor provides for a group of participants or attendees. Examples include Yoga, Boxing, and Martial Arts. You can add a Vagaro class that's already in the account or create a custom class that's more unique to the business.
To add a class, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Classes tab. Then click the green Add button.
- Click Add Vagaro Class to add a Vagaro class. Click Create Class to create a custom item.
- After you're finished creating the item, click Save.
*Remember, you must first book a class session on the calendar before customers can book it online. Click this link for more information: How to Book a Class Session on the Calendar.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Click Service/Class Menu on the left side.
3. Select the Classes tab. Then click the green Add button.
4. Click Add Vagaro Class to add a Vagaro class. Click Create Class to create a customized one. Let's add a Vagaro Class first.
Adding a Vagaro Class
1. Click Add Vagaro Class. Remember Vagaro classes are searchable on www.vagaro.com whereas custom classes are not.
2. Click on the checkboxes to select the classes. Then, click Save. This adds the classes to the Services/Classes Menu.
3. Once you've added the class, you'll see it on the Services/Classes Menu. Click the three dots that correspond to it. Notice you have three options. You can:
- Edit the class.
- Insert a new class under the current one.
- Delete the class from the Services/Classes Menu.
Creating a Custom Class
1. Click Create Class. Remember, custom classes are not searchable on www.vagaro.com.
2. Click Choose File to add an image to the class. Then enter the Class Name and Description.
3. Click on the drop-down under Resource to select a Resource. A resource is a room or a tool that's required to perform a service. For example, you can add chairs, rooms or a type of equipment. Click Add New Resource below to add additional resources to the service.
4. Enter the Business Cost or the expense for providing the class. Then select the sales tax you want to add. Remember, you must first add the tax rates in the Taxes & Checkout page before apply it to the class. Click this link for more information: How to Add Tax Rates and Update Your Taxes & Checkout Settings.
5. To select the color you want to assign to the class, click on the drop-down on the right side of the screen that has the circle with a red line. Then select the color. The class will display in this color on the calendar when it's booked.
6. Select the Show class online option to make the class available for customers to schedule on the online booking page.
Select the Workshop option to create the class as a workshop. A workshop is a short and intensive program dedicated to educating a small group of people about techniques and skills in a particular field. All of the sessions are done from start to finish. Click this link for more information: How to Add a Workshop in Vagaro.
To add the class as a regular session and not as a workshop, deselect the Workshop option. Enter the Number of Sessions. Then set the price for those sessions. Click Add New Sessions to add additional sessions and prices.
7. Select the options under Performed By if you want the employees to provide the class. A green color means the employee has been selected to perform the class.
Enter the Duration (time length), Points Given and Points Redeem. The points feature allows customers to collect points when they book a class. In the example below, since we've entered "60" for the Points Given and "600" for the Points Redeem, this means that the customer will get 60 points each time they book this class. Once they collect a total of 600 points, they can get it for free.
To learn how to use points once you've assigned points to an item, click this link: How to Use Points to Redeem Services, Classes, and Products in Vagaro.
8. Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished. You're all set!