The Star TSP100iii W is one of the best receipt printers on the market and it's super easy to use. This article will give you info on how to install, connect, and troubleshoot a wireless printer when using a windows computer.
- Physical Setup
- Install Drivers
- Connect Through WPS
- Connect Manually
- Configure the Utility
- Test Print
1. The first thing you should do is turn on the main power unit. Connect the included power cable to the inlet on the back side of the TSP100iii W. Connect the plug of the power cable to the outlet.
2. On the left side of the device, flip the switch to "On" and check that the blue LED light is lit up.
3. Next, you should insert a roll of paper. Check that the power is on. Push the lever on the top to open the cover.
Note: When using a paper roll with 58mm width, install the supplied paper guide inside the printer.
4. The way you insert paper is important. Insert the paper roll with the paper edge pulling towards the floor rather than the ceiling. See the illustration below:
5. Pull the end of the paper out straight and over the front of the printer and push down on both sides of the printer cover to close.
Installing the Drivers
An installed driver is required for both the WPS and Manual connection. Once installed follow the steps that work best for your internet setup.
1. Click the link below to download the drivers: https://vsupport.azureedge.net/forums/tsp100_v750_lite.zip
2. Click on the following zip file: tsp100_v750_Lite.zip
3. Double-click the zipped file to open it.
4. Double-click Autorun.exe.
5. Click Extract all.
6. Click Extract.
7. Double-click Autorun.exe (the file with the CD icon.)
8. Click Installation.
9. Click I Accept.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Next.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Install.
14. Click Finish.
Connect Through WPS
1. Now that you have the printer physically set up, it's time to connect it to your network. On the back of the printer, under the wire cover, press and hold the PAIR button until the blue LED light starts flashing.
2. Press the WPS button on your router. When the printer connects to the network, it will print the connection information and the blue LED light will change from flashing to solid.
Note: When a connection cannot be made, start from step 3 and perform the settings again.
When your device is connected through WPS, Click on this link to go to Configure the Utility.
Note: If WPS failed, go through these steps
1. First, make sure the printer is off. Then perform a self-print to get the MAC address of the printer.
2. To perform a Self-Print press and hold the FEED button (1). Do not let go, but then turn the power on (2). Take your finger off the FEED button when self-printing has begun.
3. On this printout, you can check the MAC address from "Network Configuration."
4. Click the network icon in the taskbar and from the connectable devices list, refer to the last 6 digits of the MAC address. Select the matching devices and then click Connect.
5. No Internet, open will display under the selected device, and the connection will be established.
6. Next, log into the Web Configuration. Open a web browser and enter the IP Address that appears under "Current IP Parameters Status" from your test print in the address field. In this example, the IP Address is 192.168.10.1
7. Click Login from the menu displayed on the left side of the screen and log in.
Note: If you don't already have a login, the default login name and password are as follows:
Login name: root / Password: public.
8. You will be prompted to change your password after logging in. DONT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. After login click WLAN Settings.
9. Enter your internet's SSID and Security Key and click Submit to connect the printer to your network. Make sure to set your security as WPA2/AES.
10. When you click Submit, Save will be flashing red. Click Save.
11. Click Execute.
12. Your printer will restart and will stay connected to your network.
If this is successful, follow the steps below.
Configure the Utility
1. Once your device is connected, go back and connect to your internet. Then open up the driver and you'll get this window. Click Discovery and look for the TSP100 on the list of devices.
2. From the list, click the printer and then click Printer Queue.
3. Read and click Yes.
4. Click Apply.
5. In the next screen click Yes.
6. Choose Star Line Mode (Default) and click OK.
7. This screen will pop up, click close.
8. Next click on the Windows icon and search Printer & Scanners. You also can click on the search box at the bottom of the screen and enter Printers & Scanners. Click on the Printers & Scanners option once it appears in the results.
9. You'll be taken to the printers screen. Right-click on the Star Wireless printer and click Printer Properties from the menu.
10. Click Device Settings in the pop up to get to these options. Under Installable Options. Change all the options to resemble the options here. When you're finished click OK.
1. Let's test our setup by printing a receipt. In your Vagaro account, hover over Reports and click Transactions List from the drop-down.
2. Run a report and select any transaction. Click Receipt from the action column to print.
3. Confirm and click Print. If the printer is connected correctly, it will print out your receipt. If not, refer back to the "Adding the Printer" section.
4. This is an example of your test print.