The Star TSP100III USB is one of the best receipt printers on the market, and it's super easy to use. This forum will show you how to install, connect, and troubleshoot the USB printer with your Windows Computer.
If you are using a Mac computer, click here.
- Make sure you are using the correct cable. The USB Cable looks like the image below and is included in the packaging. The port to the printer is marked A, and the port to the computer is marked B.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer using the USB Type-B connection. Secure it by running the cable through the cable hook.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your computer.
- Connect the included power cable to the TSP100III and the power outlet.
- Switch the printer on and check that the blue LED lights up.
- Next, insert a roll of paper.
Check that the power is on.
Push the lever on the top to open the cover.
Note: Install the supplied paper guide inside the printer when using a 58mm wide paper roll.
- Insert the paper roll with the paper feeding from underneath (not over the top of the roll.)
- Pull the end of the paper straight out and over the front of the printer. Then close the printer cover by pushing it down on both sides.
Install the Printer Drivers
- Click the link below to download the drivers:
- Unzip the tsp100_v750_Lite.zip
- Open the folder, and go to Autorun (a CD icon).
- Click on Installation on the screen that pops up.
- Click I Agree on the next screen that appears.
- Click Yes on the User Access Control Screen that shows up next.
- From there, follow the instructions on the wizard to finish installing the drivers.
- Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers on your Windows computer.
You'll have to type Control Panel into the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click on the TSP 100 Printer icon and select Set as default printer.
- Once the TSP 100 Printer is set as default, right-click on the icon again and click Printer Properties.
- Click the Device Settings tab.
- On the Device Settings screen, apply the settings displayed on the image below and click OK.
Set up Receipt Printing on Firefox
- After you install Firefox, go to www.Vagaro.com
- Click configuration menu.
- Click Options.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Under the Permissions section, click Exceptions.
- Enter "Vagaro.com" in the Address of website field. Then click Allow.
- Click Save Changes.
Now that you have Firefox installed, configure Page Setup before printing receipts.
- Click the More menu.
- Click Print.
- Click Page Setup.
- In the Format & Options tab do the following:
- Make sure Orientation is set to Portrait
- Set Scale to 100%
- Check Shrink to fit Page Width
- Uncheck Print Background (colors & images)
- Click the Margins & Header/Footer tab.
- Set the Top and Bottom margins to 0.25.
- Set the Left and Right margins to 0.0.
- Set all of the Headers & Footers to --blank--
- Click OK at the bottom of the window.
Your printer is now ready to use.
Test your setup by printing a receipt.
- Go to Reports > Transactions List.
- Run a report and select any transaction. Click Receipt from the action column to print.
- Confirm and click Print.
If the printer is connected correctly, it will print out your receipt. If not, refer back to the Adding the Printer section.