The Star TSP100III USB is one of the best receipt printers on the market and it's super easy to use. This forum will show you how to install, connect, and troubleshoot the USB printer with your Windows Computer.
If you are using a Mac computer click here.
1. Make sure you are using the correct cable. The USB Cable looks like the image below and is included in packaging. The port to printer is marked A and port to computer is marked B.
2. Connect the USB Cable to the printer using the USB Type-B point on the printer and then secure it but running the cable through the cable hook.
3. Lastly you want to connect the other end of the cable to your computer.
1. First thing you want to do is turn on the Main Unit Power. Connect the included power cable to the inlet on the back side of the TSP100III. Connect the plug of the power cable to the outlet.
2. On the left side of the device, flip the switch to on and check that the blue LED light is lit up.
3. Next, insert a roll of paper. Check that the power is on. Push the lever on the top to open the cover.
Note: When using a paper roll with 58mm width, install the supplied paper guide inside the printer.
4. The direction that you insert the paper roll is important. Insert the paper roll with the paper edge pulling towards the floor rather than the ceiling.
5. Pull the end of the paper straight out and over the front of the printer. Then close the printer cover by pushing down on both sides of it.
Installing the Printer Drivers
Installation by CD
1. Insert the CD into your CD drive
- If the auto run does not start you can click the notification in the top right corner of the screen. It will then open the CD's directory.
- Open the tsp100_v550_LITE folder
- Open the Autorun icon(has the CD icon)
2. Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to install drivers.
Installation by Download
1. Click the link below to download the drivers:
2. Unzip the tsp100_v620_Lite.zip
3. Open the folder go to --- "Autorun" (has a CD icon on it).
4. Click on "Installation" on the screen that pops up.
5. Click "I Agree" on the next screen that appears.
6. Click "Yes" on the "User Access Control" Screen that shows up next.
7. From there, follow the instructions on the wizard to finish installing the drivers.
Printer Configuration in Windows 8
1. Enter the words "Control Panel" in the search box at the bottom of the screen of your computer. Then, click on it once it appears above.
Setting up the Receipt on Firefox
Install Firefox (Skip if Firefox is already installed)
- Click on this link to reinstall Firefox - http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
- Follow the prompts.
- After you install Firefox, go to www.Vagaro.com
- Click on the three lines.
5. Under the Permissions section, click Exceptions.
6. Enter "Vagaro.com" in the Address of website field. Then click Allow.
7. Click Save Changes.
4. In the Format & Options tab do the following:
- Make sure Orientation is set to Portrait
- Scale should be set to 100%
- Check Shrink to fit Page Width
- Uncheck Print Background (colors & images)
5. Click on the Margins & Header/Footer tab at the top of the screen.
1. Let's test our setup by printing a receipt. In your Vagaro account, hover over Reports, and click Transactions List from the drop-down.
2. Run a report and select any transaction. Click Receipt from the action column to print.
3. Confirm and click Print. If the printer is connected correctly, it will print out your receipt. If not, refer back to the "Adding the Printer" section.