Customers of businesses can directly book an appointment from Apple Maps with the "Schedule" button. When customers search for your businesses on Apple Maps, they will be able to locate your business and tap the Schedule button that will take the customer directly to your business page.
For Apple Maps functionality, your business must be out of the free trial period and online booking must be enabled.
If the customer has the Vagaro app, it will directly open to that business' page. If the customer does not have the Vagaro app, the app will launch and navigate to the business' web page.
Best Practices for Scheduling Bookings via Apple Maps
Here are the best practices to ensure that customers are able to conveniently book a service or a class with your business from Apple Maps.
- Ensure that your business logo and photos are updated. Refer to the Logo Image Tips article for steps to choosing a great image that attracts more customers. To learn how to add photos to your Venue Gallery, follow the steps in the article, Add Photos to the Venue Gallery and Portfolio. Your business logo and photos will be displayed in Apple Maps.
- Ensure that your business profile is updated. This includes Business Name, Description, Hours, Phone Number, and Address. This information will be displayed in Apple Maps.
- Ensure that Facility Information is updated and you accurately select the payments accepted at your business. This information will be displayed in Apple Maps.
Apple Maps Booking Report
You can retrieve Apple Maps Booking appointment activity report by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Reports > Appointments > Source.
- Select Date Range for the report.
- Click All Employees and select the service providers you want to include in the report.
- Click Customer to filter the report by a specific client or click Select ALL to include all customers in the report.
- Click Run Report.
You have two types of view available: Chart View and Grid View. Click Grid View where you can see Apple Maps data included in the report.
- Click Export to export the report in Excel or PDF format.
- Click Print to print a copy of the report.