Eliminate your bookkeeping and payroll issues and spend less time on money management, time card calculations and processing employee pay with Vagaro's integration with Gusto!
You can also do the following with this powerful feature:
- Get real-time payroll reports
- Centralize and track payments, invoices, employee hours, and payroll
- Boost productivity by freeing up valuable time
- Automate key administrative functions in bookkeeping and payroll
- Avoid costly manual errors with automation
- Seamlessly sync hours and earnings
- Ease the employee on-boarding process with Gusto's streamlined onboarding platform
- Take advantage of flexible payroll options
- Sync any type of pay structure
- Automatically calculate and deduct tax withholding
To learn more about Gusto's pricing, click here. https://gusto.com/product/pricing
To Close Payroll in Vagaro and Gusto, click here. https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016303493
If you need to contact Gusto's Support Team for assistance setting up an Account with them, you can reach them at (800) 936-0383.
To learn more about activating the Gusto feature, follow the steps below.
Integrating Your Vagaro Account with Gusto
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Integrations under Add-Ons.
- Find the Gusto option. Then select Learn More.
Adding the Gusto Integration
- Select Try Gusto - 3 Months Free or Connect Gusto Account if you already have an existing account.
- If trying the 3 free months of Gusto, enter your First Name, Last Name, Email, as well as your Legal Business Name. Then click Create Account to continue.
Note: Gusto won't allow you to create an account if an email already exists within Gusto.
- Click Verify Email.
- The Confirm your account message will appear. Check your inbox to confirm your email address.
- To create a Gusto account with your Google log-in credentials, click Create with Google. Click Create with Email to create a Gusto account with your email.
Connecting to a Gusto Account
- Click Connect Gusto Account.
- Sign in when with your log-in credentials. Then click Sign In.
- Select Authorize.
- All your current employees will appear on the main Gusto Integration page of the Vagaro account. Find the employee on the list. Then click Change on the right side to get started.
- Click the Select Action drop-down. Then select Add as Gusto employee to add the employee to your payroll in Gusto.
Select Link to existing Gusto employee to connect the Vagaro employee to their existing Gusto employee account.
Click Do not add to Gusto if you do not want to add the employee to your payroll in Gusto. If you choose not to add the employee to Gusto, payroll data for this employee will not be synced to Gusto.
- If you selected link to existing Gusto employee in the previous step, you'll see all the employees who currently have a Gusto employee account.
- The icon indicates that an Employee’s on-boarding has not been completed within their Gusto employee account. The on-boarding must be completed in order for their payroll data to be synced from Vagaro to Gusto, and for them to be paid.
- Select the employee whose current account you want to link to. Then click Save.
- Finish setting up the Gusto Integration by selecting your preferences and linking employees in Vagaro to Gusto. Then click Save.
- A confirmation message displays at the top of the screen once you click Save.
- Log into your Gusto account to finish the payroll setup. Click here to learn more about setting up your payroll in Gusto for the first time.
Vagaro and Gusto Troubleshooting
We are sharing the following steps to assist you with getting your Vagaro and Gusto integration running properly. First, you will want to make sure that your Payroll settings match in Vagaro and Gusto for the sync to work properly. This includes your Payroll frequency, Day of the Week, and Payroll closing date. To check your Payroll settings in Vagaro, you will need to go to the Payroll Configuration page.
- Click on Reports at the top of the page. Then click on Payroll Configuration on the menu on the left side of the page.
- Once you are on the Payroll Configuration page, you will want to verify that you have the correct Payroll Frequency, Day of the Week, and Payroll Ending Day.
- Once you have verified the information in Vagaro, you will need to verify it in Gusto. You can do this from the Company Details page.
- On the Company Details page, select the Edit button next to Pay Schedule.
- From the small window, you will need to select the same Pay Period, Day of the Week, and Payroll Ending Day that you have in Vagaro. You will also need to select the First Pay Day on New Schedule and select which dates the work was done on to be included in this pay period.
If the information matches, your sync issues should resolve on their own. If your Payroll ends on a Saturday or Sunday, this will not align with the settings in Gusto as they do not offer Saturdays or Sundays as paydays, because most banks do not process payments over the weekend.
If you already have your Payroll end date in Vagaro set up on a Saturday or Sunday, we have provided you with the steps to manually sync your Payroll settings.
- In Gusto, you will need to select the same Payroll Frequency as what you have selected in Vagaro. For your Day of the week, you will want to select Monday.
- Select other on the For Work Done drop down, and then select the Payroll Ending Date that you have entered in Vagaro. Then click Save.
When you go back to Vagaro, you should see that the error message has disappeared. You will also want to make sure that your Employees have their Profiles set up fully in Gusto as well, so that your Payroll will be fully processed, and you can pay out all of your Employees on time.