A Promo Code is a code customers use to get a discount on online purchases. You can create them using the Preset Discounts feature and allow clients to apply these codes toward purchases on the Online Booking Page.
To send a promo code to customers using the text marketing feature, following the steps below when using the Mobile and Desktop Versions of Vagaro.
*Remember, to create a promo code, you must first sign up for the Online Shopping Cart.
Texting a Promo Code on the Mobile Version
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select Email & Text Marketing.
3. Select Create Campaign.
4. Select Text under Select Delivery Method.
5. Enter the title of the text message in the field under Text Campaign Name.
6. Choose the campaign type or the type of blast you want to send. Then tap Next to continue.
You can send these types of blasts:
- A one-time text blast.
- An automated birthday message - click here to learn more.
- A recurring lost customer campaign - click here to learn more.
- An automated before visit blast - click here to learn more.
- A recurring after visit message - click here to learn more.
Let's send a text blast!
7. Tap Select Recipients to send the message to all your customers or to a specific list of clients, set by you.
8. The text message creator displays all the customers and employees who will be receiving the message after you choose the recipients of the blast.
9. Tap Create Text below to continue.
10. Enter the content you want to add to the blast in the field under Compose Text Message.
11. Select Insert Link to add a promo code to the message.
12. Select the Promo Code option.
13. Choose the promo code you want to add to the blast.
14. The promo code gets added to the message right away.
15. Tap Next below to continue.
16. A preview of the message displays at the top of the screen.
17. Tap Send Text Preview to get a preview of how the text displays before announcing it to clients.
*Note: sending a preview to yourself counts towards your text marketing quota.
Tap Next to continue.
18. Select Send Now to send the blast shortly after it's announced. Then select Facebook to post the message to your Facebook business profile.
19. Deselect the Send Now option to send the blast at a time you specify. Select Schedule to set a specific Date and Time.
20. Select the acknowledgement box. Then tap Announce to send the blast.
Texting a Promo Code on the Desktop Version
1. Click Marketing at the top of the screen.
2. Click Create Campaign under Email & Text Marketing.
3. To add a promo code to a new text marketing message, click Create Campaign.
4. To add a promo code to a text you've already created, find it on the main email and text marketing dashboard (Marketing -> Create Campaign). Click the three dots on the right side. Then select Edit.
5. Select Text.
6. Finish setting up the marketing blast to your liking. Then click Send Now to send it immediately or click Schedule to send it at a specific date and time.
Click Next to continue.
7. Click Insert Link.
8. Hover over Promo Code. Then select the code you want to add to the text blast.
9. The promo code is automatically added to the text message under Compose Text.
10. Select the acknowledgment box. Then click Announce to send the promo code to your customers.