Memberships allow you to seamlessly add discounts to multiple services, classes, and products at once. You can offer discounts based on a set number of visits as well as set specific auto-renew options, which allow you to charge clients automatically based on the charge frequency you set (this is only applicable to businesses in the United States).
If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set the Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the membership. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
In this article, we will go over:
- Managing Current Memberships
- Purchasing Client Membership Cards for Clients
- Creating a New Membership
- Adding Services and Classes to a Membership
- Adding Products to a Membership
- Offering Discounts for Services and Classes in a Membership
- Offering Discounts for Products
- Grouping Services and Classes in a Membership
- Grouping Products in a Membership
- Exporting and Printing the Membership List
Remember, once memberships are created, they can be sold across multiple platforms, including from the Checkout screen, the Vagaro Check-in App, your Online Booking Page, and Custom Website.
Let's take a closer look at this feature!
Managing Current Memberships
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Memberships.
3. Click on the Action drop-down menu that corresponds to the membership to edit or delete it.
4. This screen appears when trying to save a membership that has been changed or modified. Select Apply changes only to future members if you want the update to affect customers who purchase the membership in the future.
Select Apply changes to 1 existing members and future members if you want the changes to affect current customers who are part of the membership as well as clients who sign up for the membership in the future.
Purchasing Membership Cards to Sell to Customers
1. Click the green Order Now button on the main Memberships Management page to order membership cards from Vagaro.
2. Click on the drop-down menu to select the quantity.
If you want to order 250 Custom Plastic Membership Cards, for example, selecting two for the Desired Quantity will double the price as well as the number of membership cards being ordered.
For more information on how to purchase products and items from Vagaro, click on this link: How to Buy Vagaro Items, Equipment, and Services for Your Business.
Adding a New Membership
You can choose not to require auto-renewal when creating memberships. If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set the Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the membership. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
1. Click New Membership. Customers will have an option to purchase the membership when using the Vagaro Check-in App. Businesses also will be able to sell memberships to customers directly on the Vagaro checkout screen as well as on their booking page or Vagaro website.
2. Enter the Membership Name as well as a Description.
3. Enter the Price of the membership. Select the Tax you want to add. Then enter the Reward Points you want to give to the customer for purchasing the membership.
Customers also collect points anytime the membership auto-renews. Once the client collects enough points, they'll be able to redeem a class, service or class once the redeemed value is met.
4. Under Charge Frequency, click the drop-down menu to choose how often you want to bill the customer for the membership.
You can charge the client Weekly, Every 2 Weeks, Every 4 Weeks, Monthly, Every 2 months, Quarterly or Yearly. The software automatically charges the customer's credit card on file.
5. Select the Auto Renew option. Then enter the Auto Renew Limit. This option allows you to set the number of times you want to renew the membership. You also will have an option to select Unlimited when entering the Auto Renew Limit.
6. Select the Show Membership Online option to display it on your Vagaro website and widget.
You can also allow membership discounts in addition to any discounts offered in your daily deals for services, classes, or products.
7. Select Allow Membership Discount on top of Other Discounts to include the membership discount with any Preset or Promo Code discounts you're offering to clients.
Adding Services and Classes to Memberships
1. Let's now add services and classes to the membership. Click on the Services/Classes tab near the bottom of the screen. Next, click Add.
2. Select the services or classes. Notice you can group them together. Just click Create Group or click Add if you do not want to group them just yet.
Adding Discounts and Visits to Multiple Services and Classes
1. Click Mass Edit in the Service tab to apply discounts to multiple services and classes at the same time.
2. Select All Categories and All Services/Classes to add discounts to all the items. Then, enter the discount. Notice you can add a free discount.
3. Enter the number of visits. You can add an unlimited number of visits. Click Apply when you are finished.
In the example below, we applied a 50 percent discount to the services and classes we added to the membership and limited the discount to 10 visits.
Grouping Services and Classes
1. Once you've added the services and classes to the memberships, you can group specific items within the membership. Click on the checkbox that corresponds to each item on the left side of the screen. Then, click Group.
2. Click Group.
3. The grouping has been confirmed. The discount and visits have been applied to the group. Click Ungroup to remove the grouping. Click Delete to remove the services from the membership.
Adding Products to Memberships
1. Click on the Products tab. Then click Add Product.
2. Select the products. Notice you can group them together. Just click Create Group or click Add if you do not want to group them just yet.
Applying Discounts and Setting Product Quantities
1. Click Mass Edit in the Products tab to apply discounts to multiple products at the same time.
2. Enter the discount. Notice you can offer a free discount.
3. Enter the quantity. You can also select an unlimited quantity. Click Apply when you are finished.
In the example below, we applied a 50 percent discount to the products we added to the membership and limited the discount to 10 quantities.
4. The discounts and quantities have been applied! Keep in mind the discounts will no longer apply once the set quantity has been reached. And the sales price will default to the original price once the set quantity has been met.
Click Add Product to add more products to the membership.
1. Just like services and classes, you can group products within a membership. Select the products on the left side of the screen. Then, click Group.
2. Click Group.
3. The grouping has been confirmed. The discounts and quantities have been applied to the group.
4. Click Ungroup to remove the grouping. Click Delete to remove the products from the membership after selecting them on the left side.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you are finished.
Exporting and Printing Memberships
Click the left icon to export all your memberships to an Excel sheet. Click the right icon to print a physical copy.