Memberships can be shared with members of a customer’s Family & Friends list. Set up sharing when creating a new membership or editing an existing one, and then apply that sharing to selected members of a customer’s sharing list at checkout.
- Family and Friends Sharing in Vagaro - Web Version
- Managing the Family and Friends Sharing list
- Family and Friends – Sharing Packages
Set up sharing in a Membership
- Go to Settings > Things We Sell > Memberships.
- Create a new membership or select Edit from the More menu.
Click here to learn more about creating a new membership.
- Set Allow Membership to be Shared with Family & Friends to On.
- Under Relationship, select the types of family and friends who can use the membership.
For a Child, enter the Age Range: 0-18 yrs or No Limit.
- In Maximum Number of Family & Friends, set the maximum number of Family & Friends who can share the plan.
- Select Save.
Allowing Membership Sharing at Checkout
After you’ve configured a membership to allow Family & Friends sharing (above), here’s how to set it up at Checkout:
- On the Checkout screen, select a customer and then select Membership.
- Select a Membership that has Family & Friends sharing enabled.
- Under Family & Friends Sharing, select members to add.
You can only add the selected relationship types and up to the maximum number of members allowed in the Membership.
- Select Add Family & Friends to add new members to the list.
See this article for more on adding members to the customer’s Family & Friends list.
Note: If the selected customer doesn’t have Family & Friends already set up, add members here.
- Select Next to continue checking out the Membership.
Managing Shared Memberships from the Customer's Profile
You can view and edit details of a customer’s memberships and sharing from the Memberships tab on the Customer Profile page.
- Go to Customers, select a customer, and then select the Memberships tab.
- To see sharing details hover over the sharing icon to see who purchased the membership and who shares it.
- View other details of the Membership using Starting and Current Balance links and the More menu:
- Select the number under Starting Balance or View Details from the More menu to view products or services included in the membership.
- Select the number under Current Balance or History from the More menu to view:
- The date the membership was used
- The service/class/product that was redeemed
- The number of visits used
- The action that was performed. For example, you can see if the customer redeemed or purchased the membership. You can also see if the business increased or decreased the balance.
- The location where the membership was redeemed.
- The person who used the membership.