A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or service to it and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To create gift certificates as donations or use them to track ones that have been sold from another program or system in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select Gift Certificates on the left side of the page.
- Click New Gift Certificate.
- After creating the item, selecting a recipient, and a template, click Next.
- Once you're happy with the design, click Save.
Creating a Gift Certificate
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Gift Certificates on the left sidebar under Customers.
3. Click New Gift Certificate.
4. Enter the Gift Certificate number or scan it if you have a barcode reader. Click Auto Generate to automatically assign a number to the item.
5. Click on the drop-down menu to select a Service or enter a dollar amount for the gift certificate. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
Remember, selecting a Service is Optional. If you select a Service, the Gift Certificate will be tied to that Service. Thus, you will not be able to transfer it to a dollar amount. Certificates that are tied to dollar amounts can be used for any other services.
6. Enter the names of the sender and recipient. Their names will appear once you begin typing them. Click on them once they appear. Click New to create a new profile if the person does not have a customer profile.
Remember, a customer must have a profile when a gift certificate is created and issued. The profile can be brief but must include at least the customer's first and last names.
In cases where the customer purchasing the certificate does not want to enter his or her name, the field can be replaced with a name such as "Promotional Gift Certificate."
7. Enter a message. Select Print Gift Certificate to print a paper copy, Select send email to email a copy to the recipient. The sender will always receive a copy when the certificate is checked out.
8. Under Template Type, click on the drop-down menu to select a design. Then select the image you want to add to the gift card. Click Next when you're ready.
9. Click Save when you are done viewing the Gift Certificate.