A Resource is a room or a tool that's required to perform a service. It's available in a limited quantity and can be shared by more than one person at a business. Some examples include a massage room, a chair, a cardio room, and different types of exercise equipment.
To add a Resource, follow these steps when using a computer or the Desktop Version:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen under Things We Sell.
- Select the Resources tab from the top.
- Enter the Resource in the textbox. Then click Add Resource and you're set!
Remember, the system defaults to the first available resource when customers book an online appointment.
Let's get started!
- Adding a Resource to the Service/Class Menu
- Online Customers Booking a Service with a Resource
- Booking an Appointment with a Resource from the Calendar
How to Add a Resource to the Service/Class Menu
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen under Things We Sell.
3. Select the Resources tab.
4. Enter the Resource in the textbox. Then click Add Resource.
5. Now that we've added the Resource to the menu, we can assign it to a Service or Class that we add or edit.
From the Service-Class Menu, select the Services option from the top of the screen to add a resource to a service. Select the Classes option to assign a resource to a class.
6. Once you get to the item you want to assign a resource to, click the drop-down under Resource. Then select the resource you want to add to the service or class.
7. Click Save when you're good to go!
We can now add a resource to a service or class when booking it on the Calendar. Let's take a closer look at this!
Assigning a Resource when Booking an Appointment on the Calendar
1. Now that we have added resources to the Service-Class Menu, we can now assign them to a service or class when scheduling it on the calendar. Let's assign a resource to an appointment. Click Calendar at the top of the screen to get started.
2. Select a time slot on the employee calendar and day of your choice. Then select New Appointment.
3. Select the service that has the resources added to it. When a service has a resource, the Select Resource drop-down menu appears under the Resource title.
Click the Select Resource drop-down to select the resource. Select the customer. Then click Book when you're happy with the booking. You're all set!
*Remember, when booking reoccurring appointments, the system defaults to the first available resource when each appointment occurs.
Customers Booking Services with Resources Online
The system defaults to the first available resource when customers book an online appointment.