To clear the cache and history on a web browser if the device is running slower than usual, select one of the links below:
1. Launch your Internet Explorer browser. Click on the gear icon at the top of the screen. Then click Internet Options.
2. Select the General tab.
3. Under Browsing history, click Delete.
4. Select the checkboxes next to Preserve Favorites website data, Temporary Internet files and website files, Cookies, and website data, and History. Then click Delete.
5. Click OK.
6. Close all browser windows and restart Internet Explorer.
1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser. Click on the three dots at the top of the screen on the browser.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click Choose what to clear.
4. Select the checkboxes next to each item you want to clear, including Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files, and Tabes I've set aside or recently closed. Then click Clear.
6. Close all browser windows and restart Microsoft Edge.
1. Launch the Firefox browser. Click the three lines at the top of the screen on the browser. Select Options.
2. Click the Privacy & Security option on the left side of the screen.
3. Go to the History section on the page. Then click the Clear History button.
4. Click the drop-down next to Time Range to clear. Select Everything. Select Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, and Cache. Then click Clear Now.
5. Close all Firefox windows and restart.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser. Click the three dots at the top right of the screen.
2. Hover over More Tools. Then select Clear browsing data.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Select the Time range. For example, if you select All time, it will clear all your past browsing data.
5. Select the items you want to remove. Then click CLEAR DATA.
6. Close all browser windows and restart Google Chrome.
Safari (Mac Only)
1. Launch the Safari browser. Click Safari at the top of the screen. Then select Clear History.
3. Select a time range. For example, if you select all history, it will clear all your past browsing data.
4. Click Clear History.
5. Close the browser once you're finished clearing the history. Then launch a new Safari browser window.