This article covers how you can find, view and manage invoices using the Web Version of Vagaro.
- Manage Invoices - Vagaro Pro app
- Create a New Invoice - Vagaro Pro app
- Create a New Invoice - Web Version
- Find Invoices - Invoice Management page (next)
- Find Invoices - Transaction List Report
- Find Invoices - Customer Profile
- View Overdue Invoices - Notifications Panel
- Actions by Invoice Status
- Details of Invoice Actions
- Invoice Actions from the Transaction List Report
Find Invoices - Invoice Management page
- Navigate to Checkout > Invoices > Invoice Management.
- Enter all or part of any of the following invoice fields in the search box: Invoice Date, Invoice Number Invoice Title, Customer Name, Invoice Amount, Due Date, or Created by.
Note: Numbers entered can be interpreted to come from any numeric field. So, entering "15," for example, could result in invoices from March 15, ones with a due date of January 15, an invoice amount that contains "15:" $15.00, $150.00, $38.15, or invoice number 0015.
- You can filter the list by Status by selecting a status from the drop-down list.
Choices are: All Statuses, Draft, Sent, Paid, Overdue, and Void. We'll review the status later in this article.
- Click Search to apply search and filter terms.
Find Invoices - Transaction List Report
- Navigate to Reports > Transaction List.
- The Transaction List report basic filters default to today's date, all service providers and customers, all of which can be changed before running the report.
Using Advanced Filters, you can also filter the report to show you just the Transaction Type of Invoice.
- Set up filtering options as you need and click Run Report.
- Locate the invoice you're interested in and click the amount in the IOU/Invoice column to view more detail.
Jump to Invoice Actions from the Transaction List Report for more.
Find Invoices - Customer Profile
If you know a customer has an outstanding invoice, you can get directly to that page from the Customer Profile.
- Navigate to Customers > Customer Management.
- Enter all or part of the customer's name in the Select a customer box, and then select the customer.
- Go to the Invoices tab.
View Overdue Invoices - Notifications Panel
- Click the bell icon at the top of the screen.
- Click View in the Invoices Overdue section.
This takes you to the Invoice Management screen with the status Overdue preselected.
Once you've located one or more invoices, what you can do with them depends on the invoice's status and what area of the Vagaro Web application you're working in. We'll go through options by invoice status, and then discuss the actions and how to use them.
Actions by Invoice Status
The Invoice Management screen (for all customer invoices) and the Customer Profile / Invoices tab offer the same Action menu options for managing invoices. Open the Action menu by clicking the 3 vertical dots at the end of any row.
Applies to invoices that have been sent or emailed to the customer. Action menu options:
These are invoices that you are still working on and have not been sent to customers. Action menu options:
These include invoices for which the customer has paid. Action menu options:
If an invoice has been sent but hasn't been paid, it will have a status of Overdue. Overdue invoices appear on the Notifications Panel. Click View on the panel, and you'll be taken to a listing of all your overdue invoices.
Action menu options:
These are invoices that have been canceled or removed. Action menu options:
Details of Invoice Actions
Here are detailed descriptions of how to use the various available invoice Actions. Remember that these actions are available to you from either the Invoice Management or Customer Profile/Invoices screen.
View (all invoice status)
Select View to pop up a copy of the invoice. Close is the only option.
Edit (Status: Draft, Sent, Overdue)
This option reopens the invoice details on the Checkout screen.
- Add or remove items from the shopping cart, use points, and apply discounts.
- When you're done, click Create Invoice.
- On the preview, you can add or change:
- Invoice Title
- Invoice number
- Due date
- Set Allow Tip
- Add a message to your customer
- Click Next.
- Review your changes and either click Send Invoice or Back to go back and make more changes.
Since Edit behaves the same way that Create a New Invoice does, please see the article Create a New Invoice - Web Version for details.
Delete (Status: Draft, Overdue)
The delete option removes the invoice from the system completely . Confirm deletion on the pop-up confirmation box.
Void (Status: Sent)
Void changes the invoice status but leaves it viewable in the system. Confirm the action on the pop-up confirmation box.
Send Reminder (Status: Sent, Overdue)
Change the default customer email, if wanted, and add more email addresses separated by commas to send an email reminder with a Pay option.
Send (Status: Draft)
Sends the invoice to the customer and changes the invoice status from Draft to Sent.
Checkout (Status: Draft, Sent, Overdue)
Opens the transaction from the invoice on the Checkout screen, where you can take payment from the customer to complete the transaction and mark the invoice as Paid.
Duplicate (Status: Draft, Sent, Overdue, Paid)
Makes a copy of the invoice, assigns the next invoice number and sets the copy's status to Draft. You can edit the new draft/duplicated invoice and change the shopping cart items, discounts, points, etc. before sending it to the customer.
Export / Print (Status: all)
What displays when you select Export is browser-dependant. Basically, choose Export to download a copy of the invoice in PDF. Some browsers display a preview screen with PDF and additional options.
Print opens your browser's print dialog so you can get a hard copy of the invoice.
Invoice Actions from the Transaction List Report
There are only two options for actions on an invoice from the transaction list:
- Click the Customer name in the App. Date/Customer column to go to the customer's profile.
From there you can view their invoices (click the Invoices tab) and perform all the applicable invoice actions listed in the last section.
- Click the amount in the IOU/Invoice column.
- An invoice detail screen displays.
- Click Pay Invoice to open the transaction on the Checkout screen.
- Complete the checkout process.
- The invoice's status is changed to Paid.
- An invoice detail screen displays.