Packages allow you to sell future visits and sessions for services and classes. You can also set different auto-renew options, charging the client on a selected schedule or after a set number of visits are completed.
When you Pause auto-renewal for a package, the customer is not charged for a renewal that is due while the package is paused. The customer can use the package, but when depleted or when the scheduled renewal date comes, it will not be renewed.
You can manage Auto-Renewal for Packages from three areas of the Vagaro application:
- Reports > Packages - to pause or resume package auto-renew for individual customers.
- Customer Profile - to pause or resume package auto-renew for individual customers.
You can access this function for Customer Profile in both the Web version and the Vagaro Pro app.
- Settings > Things We Sell > Packages - to pause or resume package auto-renew for ALL customers using the package.
Pause/Resume from Reports
- Navigate to Reports > Customers > Packages.
- Go to Customers, then Packages on the sidebar menu, and click Run Report after adding the search filters you want to apply.
- Find the package on the list, and click Action, then select Pause.
Tip: The circle arrow in the No. of Visit(s) Remaining column indicates a package that is set to auto-renew.
- Select Pause Package to confirm.
The package's Renewal Status now shows as Paused:
- To restart auto-renewal, find the package again and select Resume from the Action menu.
- Select Resume Package to confirm.
The package Renewal Status shows as Active.
Pause/Resume from Customer Profile - Web version
- Go to Customers, select a customer and then select the Packages tab.
- Click the More menu (3-dots), and then click Pause Auto Renew.
- Confirm on the Pause Package pop-up screen.
- The Status changes to Paused.
- To resume auto renew, select Resume Auto Renew from the same More
- Confirm on the pop-up screen.
Pause/Resume from Customer Profile - Vagaro Pro app
- Tap Customers, select a customer, and then scroll and tap the Packages tab.
- Tap the package you want to pause, and then tap Pause Auto Renew.
The paused package is highlighted in yellow.
- To resume auto renew, tap the paused package and then tap Resume Auto Renew.
- Confirm on the pop-up screen by tapping Resume Package.
Pause/Resume from Settings > Packages
From the main packages page, when you pause auto renew, you affect all customers that have that package.
If a package has been paused this way, you can still resume auto-renew for individuals using that package from either the Reports/Packages or Customer Profile/Packages pages.
- Navigate to Settings > Things We Sell > Packages.
- Select a package to pause, click the More (3-dots) menu, and select Pause for All Members.
- The pop-up confirmation will show how many people are using the package. Click Pause for All Members to confirm.
- The status of the package changes to Paused.
- To resume auto-renew for all package holders, click Resume for All Members on the same More
- Confirm resuming auto-renew.
Notifications for Auto-Renewal
The business owner receives emails about the auto-renew status for two situations:
- Successful auto-renewal of the package ("Customer Package Renewed")
- Failed auto-renew in case the payment doesn't go through ("Customer Package Deactivated"