Checking out your clients is now safer than ever! Vagaro’s new COVID-Clean Checkout allows you to send the checkout experience, including viewing the charge total, tipping, and signing the transaction, directly to your client’s mobile device. The feature helps reduce physical contact with business devices while providing the client with a seamless, professional checkout experience.
Follow the instructions below to use the new COVID-Clean Checkout:
1. On the Checkout screen, select your customer and enter in the product, service, or class you are going to collect payment for.
2. Click on Add to enter in a credit card manually or click Pay With Card to charge their card using the EMV Reader.
3. A pop-up window will appear allowing you to select the tip amount. Select Send COVID-Clean Checkout.
4. On the next window, you can enter the client’s phone number or email address, or if this information is included on their customer profile, it will be automatically filled in.
5. Once you have confirmed the phone number and email address are correct, click Send to Customer to send the final checkout steps to the client’s mobile device.
6. On the next screen, you will see a timer that shows the client has 5 minutes to complete the checkout on their mobile device. If they did not receive the messages, you can also send it to them again by selecting Resend COVID-Clean Checkout to Customer.
The checkout will be completed from the client’s device. They will need to tap the link on the notification they received to be directed to a web page confirming their total. On that page they will click Add Tip to select their tip amount, and if there are multiple service providers, they can also choose to split the tip. After they have selected their tip amount, they will click Next and will be asked to sign using their finger. Once they have completed their signature, the customer will select Charge Card. At this point, the client can leave a review for your business.
7. On your screen, you will see that the checkout was successful, and you can select which type of receipt the customer would like, just like a normal transaction.
8. You can choose to rebook the client for another appointment by going to the Calendar or press the X to close the pop-up.