The Vagaro Pay Desk allows you to run the Vagaro software directly on your POS system, providing clients with a seamless checkout experience while keeping your cash wrap area organized. With our COVID-19 prompts, you'll be able to instruct clients to sanitize their hands and wear a glove or wear a finger sleeve when using the touchscreen.
Clocking In and Out with Pay Desk
Follow the steps below to set up your Pay Desk:
Setting Up the Pay Desk
1. After removing the Pay Desk from its packaging, you will need to plug it in. Start by plugging in the power cord to the nearest power source.
2. Next, carefully flip over the Pay Desk to open the port cover and plug the power cord into the matching port.
3. Next, connect your Blink Barcode Reader and Vagaro EMV Reader to their ports.
4. Close the port cover and turn the Pay Desk back to its upright position. Click the power button on the side of the device to turn it on.
5. When the Pay Desk launches, you will be prompted to plug in your accessories. If you have already done so as instructed above, click the green Next button on these screens.
6. Once all devices have connected successfully, you will be prompted to log in to Vagaro. Enter your username and password, then click Log In.
7. You will be asked if you would like to display in light or dark mode on the client facing screen. This can also be changed anytime in the settings menu.
8. Once you have completed this step, you will be redirected to the Calendar screen. Now you can use Vagaro as you normally would.
Customizing Your Pay Desk Settings
1. Click on Settings on your Pay Desk.
2. Scroll down and select Pay Desk.
3. At the top of the screen, you can select between light and dark mode.
4. Next you will be able to select screen saver images for the client facing screen. You can upload your own images, like your logo or other branded images, or choose a daily deal. You can also set the duration of each screen saver image slide as well.
5. You can also customize the COVID-19 prompts that are shown to your clients to help keep your Pay Desk sanitary. The prompt will be displayed before they interact with the Pay Desk. There are multiple prompts to choose from, so select the prompt that best fits your situation.
6. Once you have made all your selections, click on Save.
Using the Vagaro Pay Desk for Checkout
1. On the Checkout screen from your Pay Desk, select a Customer.
2. To add a product to the cart, to use your Blink scanner. Place the product’s barcode in front of the scanner to read the item.
3. Once the product is added to the cart, you can accept payment.
4. To check out with a credit card, click the blue Pay with Card button.
You can also follow along with these instructions in our video tutorial at the top of the page.
Clocking In and Out With Pay Desk
With Vagaro Pay Desk, employees can clock in and out with two easy methods:
- Using their phone to scan a unique QR code found inside the VagaroPro App.
- Swiping their Employee Timecard.
Both methods minimize physical interaction with business devices.
Locating the Employee QR Code on the VagaroPro App
1. The QR code is in the Employee Profile. To locate the Employee Profile on the VagaroPro App, employees will select More at the bottom of the screen, and then tap on their name at the top.
2. A scannable QR code will appear at the bottom of the Employee Profile.
Using the Employee QR Code to Clock in and Clock Out
1. The staff member will point the QR code on their mobile device to the blink scanner. The blink scanner will read the Employee QR code.
2. A message will appear under the Employee QR Code on the employee’s mobile device and another will appear at the top of the Pay Desk screen to confirm that the clock in or clock out was successful.
Using the Employee Timecard to Clock in and Out
1. Employees can also swipe their Employee Timecard with a USB Credit Card Reader.
2. After swiping a message will appear at the top of the Pay Desk screen to confirm that the clock in or clock out was successful.
How Employees can Locate their Most Recent Time Stamp on the Pay Desk
1. Select the More menu.
2. Tap the employee name at the top of the list.
3. The latest clock-in time will be shown below their QR code.
Send Form to Customer Facing Screen
If a client shows up to your business with an incomplete Form, you can send it directly customer facing screen of the Pay Desk, allowing clients to safely and easily complete the form on their own screen.
How to Send Forms on the Calendar Screen
1. Select an appointment.
2. Choose Edit.
3. A pop-up note will appear, now tap Send Form to Customer.
4. Select Send to Customer Facing Screen.
5. The client will now be able to complete the Form on the customer facing screen. Once the client has completed the form, they will tap Submit.
How to Send Forms on the Checkout Screen
1. Select a customer.
2. A pop-up note will appear, on this pop-up tap Send Form to Customer.
3. Now select Send to Customer Facing Screen.
4. The client will now be able to complete the Form on the customer facing screen.
Troubleshooting Your Pay Desk
Note: All external devices (except keyboards) must be set to Scanning Device.
1. You can edit this within Pay Desk Settings.
2. Select Scan code and keyboard.
3. All devices should be under Accessed scavenging devices. If not, tap Keyboard or other input device.
4. Select Scanning Device, then Save.
Pay Desk FAQ
Does the Pay Desk work with external keyboards?
Yes, USB or Bluetooth keyboards are compatible.
Does the Blink Scanner work with barcodes and QR codes?
Yes, the Blink Scanner works for both barcodes and QR codes.
Does the Pay Desk work with a Vagaro USB Credit Card Swiper?
The Vagaro USB Credit Card Swiper only works on web view, developing it to work on native app.
Does the Pay Desk work with the wireless receipt printer?
Yes, the wireless receipt printer works.
Can I download other apps on the Pay Desk?
Only 2 apps are available on the App Store: Google Chrome and Email.
Does the Customer Facing Screen detach from the Pay Desk?
No, it is not removable but is able to tilt up and down.
Does the Pay Desk support WiFi?
Yes, it supports 2.4 GHz WiFi networks, but not 5.0 GHz WiFi.
Does the Pay Desk come with a warranty?
Yes, Vagaro offers a one year warranty.
Does Check-in app work on Pay Desk?
No, it does not.
Does the timecard work?
Yes, but only on web view. Currently working on developing for native Pay Desk app.
Which Regions is Pay Desk available for?
United States only.
Does multi-location work?
If a business has multi location, then each Pay Desk will belong to its own location. Pay Desk works like any tablet device.