In times when customers may not be able to afford their memberships, you can pause their membership until they are ready to make payments again. This gives them the short-term relief they need until they can make payments regularly again. While the membership is paused, the customer won’t be able to redeem any visits or utilize any discounts. Once the membership is resumed, they will be able to use the membership regularly again and you will be able to start collecting payments as well.
To pause a customer’s membership, follow the steps below:
Pausing a Customer’s Membership
1. Click the Customers tab at the top of the website.
2. Search for the name of the customer whose membership you need to pause and select them from the drop-down list.
3. Select the Memberships tab on the customer’s profile.
4. Click on the 3 dots next to the membership to change the status and select Pause from the menu.
5. A popup message will appear, to confirm that you want to pause the membership. Click the green Pause Membership button to proceed.
6. Once the membership has been successfully paused, a yellow pause icon will appear in the Status column.
Resuming a Customer’s Membership
1. Go to the customer’s profile and select the Memberships tab.
2. Click the 3 dots next to the paused membership, then select Resume.
3. A popup message will appear. Click on the green Resume Membership button.
If the membership is being resumed outside of the billing cycle, you will be prompted to charge the customer for the next month’s membership charge. For example, if the membership renews on the 15th of every month and is paused on April 18th then resumed on May 20th, the customer will be charged for the membership right away. If it was paused on April 18th, then resumed on May 10th for example, the membership would not be charged because the next billing date is not until May 15th.
If the membership is resumed within the billing cycle, there will be no immediate charge to the membership. It will be billed on the next billing date. If the membership is being resumed outside of the billing cycle, you will be prompted to charge the customer for the next month’s membership cost.