Legacy users of Zoom who have not yet converted to Vagaro Live Stream will still have access, but if Zoom is deactivated, you will not be able to activate it again.
Create new revenue opportunities online by integrating Zoom into Vagaro! Live streaming with Zoom enables you to create online services in addition to your existing face-to-face services. Clients can book these remote services from the Vagaro App, Vagaro.com, or via social media. Choose between live streaming one-on-one sessions and live streaming classes for multiple attendees.
The Zoom integration is fully automated and allows you to work from anywhere with ease. Once a client has booked a live stream session, they will receive an automated confirmation containing a link to join the live stream. Vagaro automatically synchronizes the Zoom meeting link with the scheduled class or service on the corresponding Vagaro calendar. If you change the date and time or cancel the live stream, Vagaro will automatically update the Zoom meeting and notify all the participants.
Zoom and Vagaro seamlessly work together to keep you and your clients in the know and connected.
Follow the steps below to set up the Zoom Integration and learn how to use it with Services and Classes.
- Activating or Deactivating the Zoom Integration
- Setting Up Individual Streaming Accounts
- Setting Up a Service with Zoom Streaming
- Setting Up a Class with Zoom Streaming
- How to Start Your Live Stream for a Service or Class
- Live Stream Search
If you need to reschedule the class or service, please schedule it on Vagaro and the Zoom meeting will be updated accordingly.
Activating or Deactivating the Zoom Integration
- To start, from your desktop, click on Settings at the top of the website.
- On the left side of the page, select Integrations, under the Add-Ons section.
- Select the Learn More button underneath the Zoom logo. This is where you can learn more about the activation and activate it.
- To enable the integration, click the green Activate button.
- A pop up will appear and you will be asked to log in to your Zoom account or to create one. Enter your login information or create a new account. Once you are logged in successfully, the integration will be set up.
If you need to deactivate the Zoom integration, you can do so from the same page you activated the integration on. Follow the steps above to get to the page, then click the Deactivate button.Note: If you have a merchant account, prepayment is required for all live stream classes and services as a way to protect your business and ensure that you get paid.
Setting Up Individual Streaming Accounts
If your Zoom integration is enabled you can still share your Zoom login credentials among multiple staff members without taking further action, so long as your staff doesn’t live stream various classes or sessions at the same time.
To enable multiple live streams at the same time, you need to set each staff member up as a licensed Zoom host with separate log-in credentials within your Zoom account or alternatively, each staff member can sign up for their own Zoom account.
Once staff members have been set up as licensed Zoom hosts they can be activated in Vagaro following the process outlined below:
- On the Zoom integration page, a list of employees is shown towards the bottom of the page with an Activate button displayed next to each name. When an employee is ready to link their Zoom account, they can click the Activate button.
2. A pop up will appear, prompting the employee to enter their Zoom login credentials. They will also have the option to sign up if they do not have their own account.
Once the activation is complete, the Activate button will be replaced by the Deactivate button. The email address each employee uses for their Zoom login will show next to the button.
Now multiple employees can live stream services and classes at the same time without it interfering with other providers and their calendars.Note: Clicking the Update Now button is not required to add individual instructor accounts. Clicking it will simply improve the performance of the integration and give you access to the newest integration features.
Setting up a Service with Zoom Streaming
- From your desktop, click Settings at the top of the website.
- Select the Service / Class Menu from the menu on the left side of the page. Then select the Service tab.
- You can select an existing service or click the green Add button at the top of the page to create a new service. When creating a new service, you can select from our list of Vagaro services or add your own by choosing the custom service option.
- To enable the streaming capability, turn on the Live Stream toggle setting.
- When done editing the service, click Save at the bottom and the service will now be offered as a live stream.
Note: Making a service live stream will only apply to future bookings.
Setting up a Class with Zoom Streaming
- Click Calendar at the top of the page and select an empty time slot on the Calendar to create a new class or hover over an existing class to edit it.
- When editing or adding a class to the calendar, you will see entry fields for In-house Capacity and Live Stream Capacity. The in-house capacity will limit how many customers can join the class in person, and the live stream capacity limits how many can join the live stream.
- By entering in the number of attendees in the Live Stream Capacity, you have activated the live stream option for this class. You can have live stream only classes, in-house only classes, or a hybrid of both in-house and live stream classes depending on the number of attendees you enter in each box.
- Different prices for in-house attendees vs. live stream attendees can be set. You can do this from the Service / Class Menu.
- To add customers to a live streamed class, click on the class from the Calendar and hover over Add Attendee. From here you can add either Live Stream or In House attendees. Click Live Stream and you will then be prompted to select the attendees being added.
Note: When you look at a class on the Calendar screen, you can see the number of attendees; hover over the circles to see the number of in-house or live stream attendees.
How to Start Your Live Stream for a Service or Class
- Click Calendar at the top of the page. You can see which classes and services are live streamed by the video camera icon.
- Click on the appointment you want to begin the live stream for.
- Select Start Service (Live Stream Video) or Start Class (Live Stream Video) to begin the live stream.
- This will open Zoom in a new tab and you’ll be able to begin the service or class via the live stream. You can live stream from a computer or a mobile device.
Once the live stream has been completed, you can access the recording shortly after in Vagaro. On the Calendar, click an appointment or class and select Edit. Then click Live Stream and a new page will open where you can watch the recording.
- If your clients don’t need to speak or if you have multiple attendees with distracting background noise, use the Mute All button to keep everyone focused.
- There is also a Chat feature that allows you to send messages directly to a client, or to your entire group of attendees.
- With the Share Content button you can share images or files, which can be helpful if you are going over detailed information or need to share a document.
Live Stream Search
Once you have set up your live stream services and classes, it's time to get booked! Vagaro offers a live stream search so clients all over the world can see live and upcoming virtual classes from businesses across the United States.
For your live stream class to show in the search, you must have an active Vagaro Merchant Services account, which is only available to only United States businesses. The ability to be featured in the live stream search is free during the introductory period. Clients can filter all live streams by name/type, date, and duration, or find live streams for their bookmarked businesses.
How to Track Registrants and Attendees
On the calendar screen, you can see the attendees that are registered to join your class by selecting the Edit button. Services will be listed on the calendar just like all other appointments, and the video icon will be shown for those appointments that will be live streamed. You can also utilize the Services/Classes report to track the number of attendees that were checked out for a class.