The Check In App allows customers to check in for a class or service by scanning a QR code onto a tablet. They can also book future appointments and purchase memberships from the app.
To activate this feature, follow the steps below.
Activate the Check-in App Feature
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Click Check In App under Add-Ons on the left sidebar.
3. Click Get Started to activate the feature.
4. Select a color theme. This allows you to choose the color for the buttons in the app. Click the image or icon next to Logo to add a logo to the app.
Click the drop-down next to Automatically Return to Home, to select when you would like to be returned to the home screen if you are not actively using the account.
5. Select Allow Customers to Check-In After Class to allow clients to check in after a session ends. Under Time After Class, select a time to set how long after a session a customer can check in.
6. Next to Play Sound, click Success to play a sound after every successful action. Click Failure to play a sound for failed actions. Click None to remove this feature from the app.
Next to Membership Purchase, selected Require to require a user to sign up for a membership after registering for an account on the app.
Click optional to give the customer an option to purchase a membership after registration. Select None to remove this feature.
Select Prompt to scan membership card after purchase to prompt the app to scan the client's membership card after its purchase.
7. Select Membership Required to Check-In to require clients to have an active membership when checking in. A failure note will sound if they don't have an active membership and they will be prompted to purchase one on the app.
Under Message to Customers with Inactive Memberships, enter a message you want to show to clients with deactivated memberships.
Click Allow Customers to Purchase or Renew Memberships to allow clients to buy a membership if they don't have one or to renew a membership that's expired.
8. Click Save when you're ready.
Once you've activated the app and installed it on a tablet, you can manage all these configuration settings from within the app. Tap the gear icon and then tap Settings to access the options.
Deactivate the Check In App
You can deactivate the Check In App from the web version or from the Check In App on your tablet.
On the Web version:
- Go to Settings > Add Ons > Check In App.
- Click Deactivate.
- Click Deactivate on the warning screen.
From a tablet running the Check In app:
- Tap the gear icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Deactivate.
- Tap Deactivate on the warning screen.
The app is deactivated and you will no longer be charged the $10/month fee.
You can reactivate the Check In app at any time.