A SOAP note (which stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) is a document that's used by healthcare providers to create a patient's chart. It's especially useful for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients.
SOAP Notes make it easy to capture visit details for each client, retrieve history, and view progress. Additionally, you can duplicate, add to, or edit client SOAP Notes in an easy fashion.
To add images, files, and photos to a SOAP Note, follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version of Vagaro.
*Remember, to upload files and images, you must first activate the Vagaro Drive feature (Settings -> Vagaro Drive). This allows you to safely add and store data files in Vagaro. Click here to learn more.
Adding Images to SOAP Notes
1. Click Customers at the top of the screen.
2. Select the client from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the SOAP tab in the client's profile.
4. Click the green Fill New SOAP button. Then select the type of note you want to add. There are two types:
- SOAP notes and SOAP Notes Advanced, which contains more in-depth questions and an anatomy chart to pinpoint areas of treatment.
5. Scroll down towards the bottom of the screen. Then select Choose a file. You can add up to 5 photos.
6. Select the image from your computer files, drag it and then drop it into the Choose a file field.
7. The photos will automatically display below the Choose a file field after adding them. Click on the X option corresponding to each image to delete it.
8. Click Save when you're ready.
9. Under the Fill New SOAP button, select the date that the note was submitted on the left sidebar to view it.
10. You'll see the images that you added at the bottom of the document.
11. Select one of the files on the list to view the pictures in a gallery format.
12. Select the arrows to go to another image in the gallery.
13. Click the downward arrow icon to export the image to a PDF file. Click the X option to close out the screen.
14. From the main screen of the client's SOAP note, click Download All to download the files to your computer.
15. Towards the top of the document, click Edit to apply changes to the SOAP note.
16. Click Details to view more specifics about when the note was completed as well as the location from which the document was submitted.
17. You can see the date and time the document was submitted, the device that was used, as well as the IP Address and Location from which the note was sent.
Click Close to close out the screen.
18. From the main screen of the client's SOAP note, at the top-right, you can also print a copy of the note (click the print icon), export it to a PDF file (click the downward arrow icon), or delete it from the list (click the trash icon).