To take FSA and HSA payments, you must select one of the following business types when signing up for credit card processing.
- Chiropractors and Chiropractic Offices
- Medical Services and Health Practitioners
To learn more about how to accept these types of payments, follow the steps below.
If you already have merchant services contact support and request to be approved to process FSA/HSA cards. Provide proof that your business is a valid medical/health practitioner through email and let us know what category you fall into from the codes listed below. This process takes 2-3 business days.
- 8011 - Doctors
- 8021 - Dentists/Orthodontics
- 8031 - Osteopaths
- 8041 - Chiropractors
- 8042 - Optometrists, Ophthalmologists
- 8043 - Opticians, Optical Goods, Eyeglasses
- 8049 - Chiropodists, Podiatrists
- 8050 - Nursing and Personal Care Facilities
- 8062 - Hospitals
- 8099 - Medical Services and Health Practitioners
- Go to Settings > Credit Card Application.
- If this is your first application, select from the 3 rate choices: Small, Multiple, or Large, and click Sign Up.
Note: the Multiple Merchants rates are only available to businesses that have employees with merchant accounts on a single business account.
If your business already has a merchant account setup, you can set up additional merchant accounts for your employees.
- Under Business Type, click the Select drop-down.
- To take FSA and HSA payments, you must select one of these business types:
- Provide all other required information and then tap Submit Application.
There's no credit check so the approval process is instant. You'll receive the below email once the merchant account is approved.
Click the Get Free EMV Credit Card Reader button to place an order for a free reader.
What's Required to Complete the Credit Card Application
Federal law requires that all financial institutions verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
The following information is required to activate your Vagaro merchant account:
- Full legal name
- Social Security number (SSN) or Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- US-based bank account
- Date of birth: Current credit card regulations require our customers to be 18 years of age or older to create a merchant account.
- US home mailing address
- Your bank account