To send marketing emails to a Filtered List of customers, follow the steps below:
1. Click Marketing at the top of the screen.
2. Under Email & Text Marketing, select Create Campaign.
3. Select Create Campaign.
4. Finish setting up the campaign to your liking. Scroll down to the middle of the screen. Then select Filtered List.
5. You can use a variety of filters to send the marketing blast to a specific list of customers. Let's take a closer look at each one.
6. Under Customer Since, you can filter the list by clients who've been with your business before or after a specific date. Select Any if you don't have a preference.
Select Before to send the blast to customers who've been with the business prior to a specific date. Then select the date on the right side.
Select After to send a message to customers who've been with you after the date you select on the right side.
7. Under Last Visit, you can filter the list by clients who last visited before, after, or between a date range. Select Any if you don't have a preference.
Select Before to send the blast to customers who last visited prior to a specific date. Then select the date on the right side.
Select After to send a message to customers who last visited after a date you select on the right side.
Choose Between to send a message to clients who last visited between a specific date range. In this case, you'll be able to select a From and To date on the right side.
8. In the fields under No. of Appointments Between, you can send the message to clients who have a specific number of appointments. In the example below, we're sending a blast to customers who have at least 10 to 200 appointments.
If you enter 10 in the left field and 0 in the right, instead, the software will send a blast to clients who have at least 10 appointments.
If you enter 10 in the left field and 10 in the right, the software will send the blast to clients who have exactly 10 appointments.
Under Amount Paid Between, you also can set a range, sending the email to clients who spent a specific amount of money at your business.
In the example below, we're sending a blast to customers who've spent at least $15 to $85.
9. Under General Tag, enter the customer tag. This allows you to send a message exclusively to customers who have this tag. A General Tag is a keyword or a phrase that is added to a customer's profile. It can be used as an identifier or as a way to find a client. Click here to learn more.
Under Referred By, you can limit the email to customers who were referred to your business by a specific client
10. Click the drop-down under Customers of Employees to send a blast to clients who've had a service with a specific service provider. Select the employees from the drop-down.
11. Click the checkbox next to Customers of Past Employees to send a message to clients of employees who use to be with you in the past.
12. To filter the list by customers who've had a specific service or class or purchased a certain package, click the field under Past Services/Classes/Packages.
13. Select the services, classes, and packages on the list. Click Apply when you're finished.
14. Click Save when you're ready.
15. Finish creating the email or text blast. Click the acknowledgment box. Then click Announce to send it out.
Click Send Preview Email to email yourself a copy of the blast before announcing it. Click Save for Later to save the progress and finish the email at a time that's convenient for you.
Click Back to get back to the marketing campaign you've created.