Select from a gallery of high-quality templates. Add custom images and designs. Use a variety of filters to send email and text blasts to a specific client list. Add electronic forms. Share a marketing email on Facebook, and use a variety of other tools to customize your marketing campaigns to your liking!
You can specifically send these types of blasts when using the Email & Text Marketing Builder:
- Non-Automated Messages: Allows you to send one-time blasts to clients using pre-made templates as well as your own designs.
- Automated Messages: Allows you to send automated birthday, thank you, and follow up messages on a consistent schedule. You can also send blasts to lost customers or clients who haven't been to the business for a long time.
*Remember, adding a custom image and design is only available on emails. It is not available on the SMS text feature.
Sending Email and Text Marketing Campaigns on the Desktop Version
1. First, let's choose a Text and Email Marketing Plan. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Text Marketing Plans on the left sidebar under Add-Ons.
3. Select the plan you prefer.
4. Select the number you want to use. Then click Next.
5. Click Get Started.
6. To learn how to select an email marketing plan, click here.
7. Now that we've selected the plans we want, let's send a mass message to our clients! Click Marketing at the top of the screen to get started.
8. Under Email & Text Marketing, select Create Campaign.
9. Click Create Campaign at the top-left of the screen.
10. Select Email to send a mass email to customers. Click Text to send a text blast. Select Email & Text to send both a mass email and text to clients. Let's send an email and text.
11. Enter a title or email subject headline. Hover over the icon to get tips on how to craft a good email title.
12. To add emoticons to the title, click the smiley image on the right side. Then select a template you want to use.
*Please note: Emoticons are only available to use in email marketing, and are not included as an option for text marketing.
13. Select the emoticons you want to add to the email title after selecting a template.
14. The emoticon immediately appears in the subject line of the email.
15. Under Select Campaign Type, select Campaign Blast to send a one-time message to clients. You can also send Birthday, Lost Customer, Before Visit, as well as After Visit emails. These are recurring messages that are sent out on a consistent schedule.
Under Select Recipients, select All Customers to send the message to your full client list. Click Filtered List to use a variety of filters to send the email to a list you prefer. Select Specific Customers to select the specific clients you want to send the blast.
16. Click Send Now to send the blast shortly after it is announced. Then select Post on Facebook to post the message on your Facebook page. Remember, this option is only for email marketing.
Click Next at the bottom when you're ready.
17. If you don't want to send it right away, select Schedule, instead of Send Now. Select the date and time you want to send the message. Then click Next.
18. Select the Templates tab to choose a design you want to add to the email. Then, under Select Email Template, choose the exact template you prefer.
19. Select the image you want to add to the message. This automatically adds the photo to the body of the email marketing builder, where you can create the email you want to get out to your customer base.
20. On the left side, choose a module you want to use. You can add the following to the email:
- A header.
- A header image.
- An image.
- Multiple images.
- A combination of images and text.
- URL button links.
- Social media button links.
- A footer image.
21. To add a module, select it from the left sidebar. Then drag it to the email builder. Let's add text and an image!
22. Enter the content you want to add to the blast. To add an image, click the photo icon on the right side.
23. Click Upload to upload an image from your computer files. Click Select from Gallery to select one of the images from your Vagaro account.
24. To add a link to the image, select the Image tab at the top of the pop-up. Then enter it in the field under Link to. This way, the client will be taken to your link once they select the picture you have added.
Click Save when you're ready.
25. To edit the image or upload a new image, hover over the picture. Then select the option you prefer. If you do not want to change the image, click Save.
26. To move a module to a different spot on the email, hover over it. Click the move icon . Then drag it with your mouse to the preferred spot on the email.
To edit the module, hover over it. Then click the pencil icon.
Select the trash icon to remove the module.
27. To see how the email blast will display to customers on both a computer and a mobile device, click the preview options at the top of the screen.
28. If you're ready to create a mass text message, click Next.
To get a preview of how the email displays to clients, click Send Preview Email. You'll be prompted to enter the email address you want to send it to. To send it to multiple email addresses, be sure to separate each email with a comma. Remember, sending a test message counts as an actual email.
To save the progress and finish the blast later, click Save for Later. The software automatically saves the copy as well. Click Back to go back to the first page of creating the email.
Let's click Next to create a mass text blast.
29. Under Compose Text, enter the content you want to add to the text message. The content updates immediately in the preview on the right side.
30. Click Insert Link to add a web link to the message.
31. Select the link you want to add.
32. The link is automatically included in the message. Clicking the link in the text builder as well as in the preview allows you to test that the link is working properly.
Click Send Text Preview to get a preview of how the message displays to clients. Remember, test messages count as actual messages.
33. Enter the number you want the preview sent to. To send it to multiple numbers, enter them in the field and be sure to separate each number with a comma. Click Send when you're good to go.
34. Select the acknowledgment box. Then click Announce to send it to clients. Select Save for Later to save the blast to your drafts and finish creating it later.
Click Back if you're not ready to send the marketing blast and want to edit it.
35. You're all set! The email and marketing text has been added to the queue and will be sent at the date and time you specified. Click OK to continue.
Remember, the message is not sent immediately as the number of recipients impacts how fast the clients receive the blast.
36. You'll be able to see your blast on the main Email Marketing Dashboard (Marketing -> Create Email).
37. To edit the blast, create a duplicate copy, or cancel the campaign, find it on the list. Click the three dots on the right side. Then select the option you prefer.
38. To search for the email or text message by keyword, enter the title of the campaign in the search box towards the top of the screen. Then hit enter on your keyboard. The blast will appear in the list below.
Click here to learn more about managing your marketing emails.
Canceling the Announcement of a Marketing Email or Text
1. To cancel the announcement of a marketing email or text right after it's sent, find the message on the main Email Marketing Dashboard (Marketing -> Create Email). Then, in the Status column, select the date it's scheduled to go out.
2. Select Yes to cancel the campaign.