Choose from a gallery of captivating themes, add personalized images and designs, and use a variety of other handy tools when sending automated birthday emails and text blasts in Vagaro!
Birthday messages are a great way to make clients feel even more special before the big day! They help build a genuine rapport with clients, boost customer retention, and increase customer loyalty!
To send birthday blasts to clients, follow the steps below.
*Remember, you must first add a birthday to the customer's profile before sending them an automated birthday text or email. Click here to learn more.
Sending a Birthday Email and Text Marketing Campaign
1. Click Marketing at the top of the screen.
2. Click Create Campaign.
3. Click the red Create Campaign
4. Select Email to send a mass email to customers. Click Text to send a text message. Select Email & Text to send both a mass email and text to clients. Let's send an email and text!
In the field under Campaign Title & Email Subject, enter a title or email subject headline.
5. To the right of Campaign Title & Email Subject, hover over the icon to get tips on how to write an effective email title.
6. To add emoticons to the title, click the smiley image on the right side. Then select a template you want to use.
*Please note: Emoticons are only available to use in email marketing.
7. The emoticon immediately appears in the subject line of the email.
8. Select Birthday. Then use the sliding scale to set when you want to send the birthday blast to customers.
9. Select All Customers to send the message to your full client list. Click Filtered List to use a variety of filters to send the email to a list you prefer. Select Specific Customers to select the specific clients you want to receive the blast.
10. Under Schedule, select when you want the message to go out to clients. Then click Next.
11. Select the Templates tab. Choose the template you want to use. Then select the image you want to add to the email.
*Please note: Template images are only available for email messaging.
12. On the left side, choose a module you want to use. You can add the following to the email:
- A header.
- A header image.
- An image.
- Multiple images.
- A combination of images and text.
- URL button links.
- Social media button links.
- A footer image.
13. To add a module, select it from the left sidebar. Then drag it to the email builder. Let's add text and an image.
14. Enter the content you want to add to the blast. Click the icon on the right side to add an image to the email.
15. Click Upload to upload an image from your computer files. Click Select from Gallery to select one of the images from your Vagaro account.
*Please note: Uploaded images will only display in email marketing messages.
16. To add a link to the image, click the Image tab at the top. Then enter it in the field under Link to. Click Save when you're ready.
17. To edit the image or upload a new one before saving the changes, hover over it. Then select the option you prefer. Click Save when you're finished adding an image that you like.
18. To move a module to a different spot on the email, hover over it. Click the move icon . Then drag it to the preferred spot on the email.
To edit the module, hover over it. Then click the pencil icon .
Select the trash icon to remove the module.
19. To see how the email displays to customers on a computer or mobile device, select the Preview options towards the top of the email builder.
20. If you're ready to create a mass text message, click Next. To get a preview of how the email displays to clients, click Send Preview Email.
To save the progress and finish the blast later, click Save for Later. Let's click Next to send a mass text blast.
21. Under Compose Text, enter the content you want to add to the text message. The content updates immediately in the preview on the right side.
22. Click Insert Link to add a web link to the message.
23. Select the link you want to add to the text.
24. The link is automatically included in the message. Click Send Text Preview to get a preview of how the message displays to clients.
25. Enter the number you want the preview sent to. To send it to multiple numbers, enter them and be sure to separate each number with a comma. Click Send when you're good to go.
26. Select the acknowledgment box. Then click Announce to send it to clients. Select Save for Later to save the blast to your drafts and finish creating it later.
27. Click OK to confirm.
28. You'll see the email on the main email & text marketing dashboard once it's announced.
29. To create a duplicate copy of the message or delete it, click the three dots that correspond to the blast on the right side. Then select the option you prefer.