To add your Branded App to the Google Play Store so that customers can download it, you must first create a Google Developer Account and pay a $25 fee, which is charged by Google.
Follow the steps below to learn more.
Signing up for a Google Developer Account
1. Go to the Google Play Console.
2. Log in with your Google username and password.
3. Select the Accept developer agreement checkbox. Then click Continue to Payment to pay the $25 USD registration fee. You can pay with the following credit or debit cards:
- American Express
- Discover (accepted in the U.S. only)
- Visa Electron (accepted outside of the U.S. only)
Note: The types of cards accepted may vary by location.
4. Click Buy to pay the registration fee.
5. Complete your account details. Your developer name will be the app name that's displayed to customers on Google Play. You can also add more information to your account after it's created. Click here to learn more.
6. Add firstname.lastname@example.org as an Admin to your Developer account with the first name Vagaro and last name Design, so we can upload your app. Follow the directions below to learn more about adding us.
Adding Vagaro as an Admin to the Developer Account
Giving us access to the Account
Step 1: Decide whether you want Vagaro to have global or per-app access
Before you set up permissions, you need to decide if you want us to have global or per-app access. We recommend that you give us Per-app access. Here's a breakdown of the two access levels.
- Global: Global access applies to all apps in your developer account.
- Per-app: Per-app access only applies to the selected app.
Step 2: Adding Vagaro and turning on or off permissions
If you're an account owner or admin, you can add Vagaro as a user to your Play Console account and manage permissions across all apps or for specific apps. Follow these steps to add Vagaro as an admin.
- Sign in to your Play Console.
- Click Settings > Users & permissions.
- To add Vagaro as a user, select Invite new user and follow the onscreen instructions.
- To update permissions for an existing user, hover over their email address and select the pencil icon .
- Use the "Role" selector to choose a pre-defined role or use the checkboxes for individual permissions.
- Choose whether each permission applies to all apps in your developer account ("Global") or specific apps.
- To add an app to the permissions table, use the down arrow next to "Add an app."
- To see details for each permission, review the permission definitions section.
- Click Send Invitation.
Note: If you don't choose an access expiration date, Vagaro will have ongoing access to the Play Console account.