To add your Branded App to the Apple Store so that customers can download it, you must first create an Apple Developer Account and pay a $99 annual publisher fee. The fee, charged by Apple, is paid yearly.
In this article, we will go over:
Signing up as an Organization
Follow these steps to sign up as an organization:
Create an Apple ID. Skip this step if you already have an Apple ID. Click here to learn how to create an ID if you don't have one. Remember, an Apple ID is not the same as creating an Apple Developer account.
Get a D-U-N-S Number. A D-U-N-S Number is a unique numeric identifier assigned to a business by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) and is used by many businesses. You have to get this number before enrolling in the Apple Developer Program. Click here to get a D-U-N-S Number.
Sign up for an Apple Developer Program. You will be able to sign up for the Apple Developer Program once you create your Apple ID and received your D-U-N-S Number. Follow the steps shown below to complete this.
Confirm and pay for your Apple Developer Program account. You can complete this step from the confirmation email Apple sends once you sign up.
Invite Vagaro to your App Store Connect. After enrolling in the Apple Developer Program, you must invite Vagaro to your App Store Connect so we can create and update your app. Follow the instructions below to complete this step.
- If your business is a corporation, you must enroll as an organization. If your business is a sole proprietorship, you must enroll as an individual.
- If Apple updates the license agreement for the Apple Developer Program before your Branded app is created, you must accept the agreement before your app is designed.
- When paying for your Apple Developer Program membership, review your purchase details and select Automatic Renewal. If you do not select Automatic Renewal, set an annual reminder to renew your membership. Your app will be removed from the App Store within 24 hours once the membership expires.
Signing up for the Apple Developer Program:
2. Enter your Apple ID and password to log in.
3. Enter the verification code sent to your Apple ID email address when asked to verify your identity. Then, click Continue.
4. Select Company/Organization from the Entity Type drop-down list. Then click Continue.
5. Under Authority to Sign Legal Agreements, choose the appropriate button. The Your Work Email field will display once you select an option. Enter your business email address; you must use a private domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org). You cannot use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, or any other similar providers.
6. Enter the information for your organization under Organization Information.
- Enter the business name as it appears in the D-U-N-S lookup in the Legal Entity Name field. The legal entity name must be the same as what's in the D&B profile to complete the signup.
- Enter the D-U-N-S number assigned to the business in the D-U-N-S Number field.
- Enter the URL for your website in the Website field.
- Enter the phone number where Apple can contact you in the Headquarters Phone field.
- Apple will call you to confirm your enrollment.
- Leave the Tax ID/National ID field empty.
7. Enter the correct characters in the CAPTCHA. Then click Continue.
- If you receive an error message under the Legal Entity Name field, click update your D&B profile. Then submit your business’ information to continue the process.
8. Review the information on the Summary for Review page. Select the This is the correct headquarters address for my organization checkbox. Then click Submit.
9. You'll receive an email titled “Your program enrollment has been received.” Forward this to email@example.com.
10. After Apple verifies your application and emails you a confirmation message, confirm and pay for your membership.
Inviting Vagaro to your App Store Account
Follow these steps to invite Vagaro to your Apple Store account once you sign up for the Apple Developer Program:
1. Go to Apple Store Connect.
2. Log in with your Apple Developer account information.
3. Click Users and Access on the App Store Connect home page.
4. Under People, click the Add button .
5. In the popup window, enter the following information and click Next.
- First Name: Vagaro
- Last Name: Design
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Select the Admin checkbox Under Roles.
7. Select the Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles checkbox under Developer Resources,
8. Click Invite.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a D-U-N-S number?
The D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit number that identifies each physical location of your business. It is widely used as a standard business identifier and is provided by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). For more information, click here.
Can I sign up as an individual instead of an organization?
Yes, but, there are some restrictions:
- You cannot sign up as an individual if you're a limited liability company (Corp., Inc.), corporation (LLC, LC, Ltd. Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg, etc.) as your app will be denied.
- You must enroll as an individual if you are a sole proprietor or a one-person company.
What are the differences between an individual account and an organization account?
Here are the main differences between an individual and an organization account:
Simple to set up and can be completed in about 20 minutes.
|Takes approximately four weeks to set up because it requires a DUNS number for verification reasons.|
Displays the business owner's name as the app publisher.
|Shows the company's name as the app publisher.|
|Allows you to invite other developers to your team in your organization's account.|
How much does it cost to enroll in the Apple Developer Program?
To sign up for the Apple Developer Program, you must pay a $99 (USD) annual publisher fee, which Apple charges. This fee is the same for individual and organization accounts and is paid yearly.