To add your Branded App to the Apple Store so that customers can download it, you must first create an Apple Developer Account and pay a $99 annual publisher fee. The fee, charged by Apple, is paid yearly.
In this article, we will go over:
- Signing up for a Developer Account as an Organization
- Inviting Vagaro to your Apple Developer Account
- FAQs about Apple Developer Accounts
Signing up as an Organization
Follow these steps to sign up as an organization:
Create an Apple ID. Skip this step if you already have an Apple ID. Click here to learn how to create an ID if you don't have one. Remember, an Apple ID is not the same as creating an Apple Developer account.
Get a D-U-N-S Number. A D-U-N-S Number is a unique numeric identifier assigned to a business by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) and is used by many businesses. You have to get this number before enrolling in the Apple Developer Program. Click here to get a D-U-N-S Number.
Sign up for an Apple Developer Program. You will be able to sign up for the Apple Developer Program once you create your Apple ID and received your D-U-N-S Number. Follow the steps shown below to complete this.
Confirm and pay for your Apple Developer Program account. You can complete this step from the confirmation email Apple sends once you sign up.
Invite Vagaro to your App Store Connect. After enrolling in the Apple Developer Program, you must invite Vagaro to your App Store Connect so we can create and update your app. Follow the instructions below to complete this step.
- If Apple updates the license agreement for the Apple Developer Program before your Branded app is created, you must accept the agreement before your app is designed.
- When paying for your Apple Developer Program membership, review your purchase details and select Automatic Renewal. If you do not select Automatic Renewal, set an annual reminder to renew your membership. Your app will be removed from the App Store within 24 hours once the membership expires. Vagaro is not responsible for the renewal if your Apple Developer Program membership.
Signing up for the Apple Developer Program:
- Go to the Apple Developer Program enrollment page. Then, click the Start Your Enrollment button towards the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log in.
- Enter the verification code sent to your Apple ID email address when asked to verify your identity, and then click Continue.
- Select Company/Organization from the Entity Type drop-down list. Then click Continue.
- Under Authority to Sign Legal Agreements, choose the appropriate button. The Your Work Email field will display once you select an option. Enter your business email address; you must use a private domain name (firstname.lastname@example.org). You cannot use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, or any other similar providers.
- Enter the information for your organization under Organization Information.
|Enter the business name as it appears in the D-U-N-S lookup in the Legal Entity Name field.
|Enter the D-U-N-S number assigned to the business in the D-U-N-S Number field.|
|Enter the URL for your website in the Website field.|
|Enter the phone number where Apple can contact you in the Headquarters Phone field.
|Leave the Tax ID/National ID field empty.|
- Enter the correct characters in the CAPTCHA, and then click Continue.
If you receive an error message under the Legal Entity Name field, click update your D&B profile. Then submit your business’ information to continue the process.
- Review the information on the Summary for Review page. Select the This is the correct headquarters address for my organization checkbox, and then click Submit.
- You'll receive an email titled “Your program enrollment has been received.” Forward this to email@example.com.
- After Apple verifies your application and emails you a confirmation message, confirm and pay for your membership.
Inviting Vagaro to your App Store Account
Follow these steps to invite Vagaro to your Apple Store account once you sign up for the Apple Developer Program:
- Log in to your Apple Developer Account through the Apple App Store.
- Click Users and Access.
- Click the Add button.
- In the popup window, enter the following information:
First Name: Vagaro
Last Name: Design
- Click Invite.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a D-U-N-S number?
The D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit number that identifies each physical location of your business. It is widely used as a standard business identifier and is provided by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). For more information, click here.
Can I sign up as an individual instead of an organization?
Apple does not currently allow Individual accounts to add additional users and grant them access to Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles. This access is required for the Vagaro team to upload your Branded App to your account, so for the purposes of a Vagaro Branded App, you must register as an Organization.
How much does it cost to enroll in the Apple Developer Program?
To sign up for the Apple Developer Program, you must pay a $99 (USD) annual publisher fee, which Apple charges. This fee is the same for individual and organization accounts and is paid yearly.