The Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to businesses working in the U.S. It's used to identify taxpayers who are required to file various business tax returns.
To change the EIN on a Vagaro Merchant Account, you must submit a new merchant application with the correct EIN. Once the account is approved, send a request to email@example.com to close the previous account.
1. Click Settings.
2. Select Credit Card Processing.
3. Under Merchant Account, select Apply For Vagaro Merchant Services.
4. Click Sign Up under the Merchant Plan you prefer.
5. When adding the Business Information, select the Type of Business. Enter the percent you own. Then enter the correct EIN.
6. After entering the Personal and Bank Information, click Submit Application.
7. Once the application is approved, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to remove the previous merchant account. You'll receive this notification when the account is approved.