The Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to businesses working in the U.S. It's used to identify taxpayers who are required to file various business tax returns.
To change the EIN on a Vagaro Merchant Account, you first have to submit a new merchant application with the correct EIN. Once the account is approved, send a request to email@example.com to close the previous account. Then you're good to go!
Follow the steps below to get started!
Changing the EIN
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Credit Card Processing on the left side of the page.
3. Under Merchant Account, select Apply For Vagaro Merchant Services.
4. Once you find the Merchant Plan you prefer, click Sign Up.
5. When adding the Business Information, select the Type of Business. Enter the percent you own. Then enter the correct EIN Number.
6. After entering the Personal and Bank Information, click Submit Application. Then you're all set!
7. Once the application is approved, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to remove the previous merchant account. You'll receive this notification when the account is approved.