The QuickBooks Integration allows you to seamlessly export data from the Vagaro Transaction List to an online QuickBooks account. You specifically can:
- Automatically sync your sales records.
- Reconcile your books much easier as payments and fees are matched against your bank statement.
- Save time and increase accuracy.
When managing Vagaro sales in QuickBooks, keep the following in mind:
- The integration only pulls the previous two months from Vagaro once the synchronization is started.
- If you are applying a tax amount, it needs to be added as a single item as this is the only type of integration that works with the online QuickBooks account.
- Try not to match your Vagaro Merchant statements with the QuickBooks information since the Transaction List includes all transactions that are processed. The merchant statement only includes credit card transactions.
Let's get started!
Sample QuickBooks Integration in Vagaro
Remember, you first have to link your Vagaro Account with the QuickBooks platform. Click this link for step-by-step instructions: How to Integrate Your Vagaro Account with QuickBooks.
Once the integration is completed, you can see the date the Vagaro account was synced with QuickBooks. On the right side of the screen, you can enter a Nickname for the Quickbooks account.
Below, you can see the Tax Service you initially selected. Remember you first have to add this from the QuickBooks account before seeing it as an option in the drop-down. Click this link for more information: How to Set up a Sales Tax in QuickBooks.
You can also see the Payment Account you selected. This is where the Vagaro income and Transaction List is exported to.
Sample Vagaro Transaction List
Below is an example of the data that's included in the Vagaro Transaction List. This list includes all sales that are processed in Vagaro. This is what's exported to QuickBooks for accounting purposes.
Sample Data Brought into QuickBooks
Once you log into the QuickBooks platform, you can see the Vagaro data that was exported to the account. To get started, click Sales on the left side on the screen. Then select All Sales.
Sample Mapping of Vagaro Product and Service Sales in QuickBooks
To see all product and service sales, click the Products and Services at the top of the screen from the Sales page.
This data is added to the Vagaro Payment and Income Account by default. All service, product, class, membership, and package sales are created as separate items. This information is then mapped in QuickBooks.
To change the details of an item, click the blue Edit option that corresponds to it on the right side of the screen. This allows you to adjust the historical data of that specific transaction. Let's take a closer look at this!
Once you click Edit, you can change a few details about the transaction, including:
- The name of the service.
- The SKU number. This is the barcode that was assigned to it and is used for inventory tracking purposes.
- The Category.
- The Sales Information.
- The Sales price/rate.
- The Income Account that the transaction is exported to.
- The taxable option. You specifically can select if you want the sale to be taxable.
- The Sales tax category.