To sign up for your own employee merchant account, follow these steps on the Web Version of Vagaro.
- Go to Settings > Credit Card Application.
- Click the Employee Account button. This allows you to set up a merchant account for each employee.
- To make sure that credit card transactions are deposited to the correct merchant account when multiple service providers are added to a Checkout, enable Allow override for money distribution at checkout.
- Find the employee who wants to sign up for credit card processing. Then click Apply.
- Click Sign Up under a Merchant Plan.
See Credit Card Processing Fees and Rates to learn more about our fees and rates.
- Provide all required information and then tap Submit Application.
See Sign up for Credit Card Processing for more about the application process.
There's no credit check so the approval process is instant. You'll receive an email once the merchant account is approved. Click the Get Free EMV Credit Card Reader button to place an order for a free reader.
Check if Employee Merchant Account was Approved
- Follow steps 1 & 2, above, to get to the Employee Merchant Account screen.
- Look for the employee on the screen - if the Status column shows Active, their account has been approved.
- Click the Get your free reader link to request a card reader for the employee.