Related article: EMV Reader Status Colors
To troubleshoot an EMV reader if it's not connecting to a computer, try to first go through the following steps:
- Disconnect the EMV reader from the dock or computer.
- Connect the USB cord of the reader to the computer's best USB port.
- Turn the reader off. Turn it back on. Then try to connect to the reader again.
- Try to use a different web browser. Then log back into the Vagaro account.
If the reader is still not connecting, try the following:
- Reboot the computer and then uninstall and reinstall the Vagaro Pro Utility Application.
1. To uninstall the application if you're using a Windows Computer, enter "Vagaro Pro" in the search panel at the bottom of the screen on your computer.
2. Find the app. Right-click it. Then select Uninstall. This takes you to the Programs and Features page, which you can also access from the Control Panel.
3. Find the Vagaro Pro Utility App on the Programs and Features page. Right-click it. Then select Uninstall.
To reinstall the app, go through the same steps you went through when connecting the reader to the computer. Click this link for more information: How to Use the EMV Reader on a Mac / PC Computer.
If you're using a Mac computer, follow these steps:
1. Find the Vagaro Pro Utility Application in the Applications file on your computer, right-click it.
*Remember, before uninstalling the app, try quitting it first. To do this, press CMD+Q when the utility app is open.
2. Select Move to Trash.
3. Click Use Password.
4. Click Empty.
5. Click Empty Trash.
To reinstall the app, go through the same steps you went through when connecting the reader to the computer. Click this link for more information: How to Connect the EMV Reader to a Computer.
Error Message - Cannot Check for Malicious Software
If you receive this error message while trying to update the Firmware of your EMV Reader, follow these steps below.
1. Run the Vagaro Pro Utility app. Once you see the Error Message, dismiss it by clicking Cancel.
2. Open the System Preferences app and go to the Security & Privacy preference.
3. On the General tab, you will see an option to open the app. Click the pad lock icon and enter your admin password.
4. Click the Open Anyway button. Another Error Message will appear.
5. On the Error Prompt, select Open. The app will now open and run.