To troubleshoot an EMV reader if it's not connecting to a computer, try to first go through the following steps:
- Disconnect the EMV reader from the dock or computer.
- Connect the USB cord of the reader to the computer's best USB port.
- Turn the reader off, turn it back on, and then try to connect to the reader again.
- Use a different web browser to log into the Vagaro account.
If the reader is still not connecting, try the following:
Reboot the computer and then uninstall and reinstall the Vagaro Pro Utility Application.
- To uninstall the application on a Windows Computer, enter Vagaro Pro in the search panel at the bottom of the screen on your computer.
- Find the app. Right-click it. Then select Uninstall. This takes you to the Programs and Features page, which you can also access from the Control Panel.
- Find the Vagaro Pro Utility App on the Programs and Features page. Right-click it. Then select Uninstall.
To reinstall the app, go through the same steps you went through when connecting the reader to the computer. Click this link for more information: Using the EMV Reader with a Mac or Windows Computer.
- Find the Vagaro Pro Utility Application in the Applications file on your computer, and right-click it.
Before uninstalling the app, try quitting it first. To do this, press CMD+Q when the utility app is open.
- Select Move to Trash.
- Click Use Password.
- Click Empty.
- Click Empty Trash.
To reinstall the app, go through the same steps you went through when connecting the reader to the computer. Click this link for more information: How to Connect the EMV Reader to a Computer.
Error Message - Cannot Check for Malicious Software
If you receive this error message while trying to update the Firmware of your EMV Reader, follow these steps below.
- Run the Vagaro Pro Utility app. Once you see the Error Message, dismiss it by clicking Cancel.
- Open the System Preferences app and go to the Security & Privacy preference.
- On the General tab, you will see an option to open the app. Click the padlock icon and enter your admin password.
- Click the Open Anyway button. Another Error Message will appear.
- On the Error Prompt, select Open. The app will now open and run.