To refund a membership, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Customers, select a customer and then click Memberships.
- Click the More menu (3 vertical dots) for the membership and click Refund Membership.
- Select a refund method from the available options (unavailable options are grayed out).
- The Refund Summary pop up shows the refund amount, including sales tax.
- To cancel the membership at the same time, click Cancel Membership, and then click Next.
- If you want to split the refund between different options, you can do it on the next Refund Summary screen and click Confirm.
- Enter a Reason for Refund and select receipt options.
- When you're done, click Refund.
The Status column will display either Active (not cancelled) or Cancelled, depending on your choices. If you click the More menu on a membership that has been refunded, it will show Refunded.
Important: If you do not select the Cancel Membership box while issuing the refund, the membership is still active until the end of the billing cycle. If you want to cancel the membership, go back to the More menu, select Cancel Membership from the drop-down selections, and click Cancel Membership on the pop-up confirmation.