To refund a membership, follow these steps when using the Desktop Version of Vagaro.
- Click Customers at the top of the screen.
- Select the customer.
- Click the Memberships tab.
- After clicking the three dots that correspond to the membership on the right side of the screen, click Refund to begin the process.
Refunding a Membership in the Customer's Profile
1. Click Customers at the top of the screen.
2. Select the customer.
3. Click the Memberships tab.
4. Click the three dots that correspond to the membership on the right side of the screen. Then click Refund.
5. Find the item on the list. Place your cursor in the corresponding box under the type of refund you want to give. For example, if you want to give a CASH REFUND, click in the box under this title.
Click in the box under CREDIT REFUND to refund it as a credit card transaction. You can only do this type of refund if the customer purchased the membership with a credit card.
Click in the box under GC REFUND to refund it as a gift certificate. Place your cursor in the box under PACKAGE REFUND to refund it as a package.
6. Enter the Refund Amount. Click Cancel Membership if you want to cancel the item. Then click Next.
7. Enter how you want to distribute the refund. Then click Refund when you're finished.
8. Enter a Reason for the Refund. Click Email Receipt to email a copy of the receipt to the customer. Click Print Receipt to get a paper copy.
9. Click Refund.
10. Click OK when you're finished.
11. Let's confirm the refunded membership in the customer's profile. Click the three dots that correspond to the item on the right side of the screen on the membership page of the customer's profile. Then click Refunded to view a copy.
Click History to get more details about the membership, including when it was used at any point. Click View Details get additional information, including the services, classes, and products that were added to it, the discounts and number of visits that were set for each item as well as the number of remaining visits.