To run your Payroll, seeing what each employee is owed based on the commission structure and hourly rates you set when setting up your payroll, follow the steps below.
Running Payroll in Vagaro
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Payroll on the left side of the screen under Employees.
3. Click Run Report after selecting the Payroll Period you want to see as well as the Service Providers you want to include. Click Advanced Filters to include payroll for Past Employees in the report.
4. At the top of the report, you can see your Payroll Frequency, your Payroll Period, and the date and time you created the report (Report Generated).
Let's take a closer look at this report.
5. On the left side, you can see the Hourly Rate that has been set for each employee as well as the total number of hours they worked during the Payroll Period.
6. The Threshold, Commission (%) shows the commission threshold as well as the Below Threshold percentage that was set for each employee.
7. The Business Cost column shows you the total business costs for all Service, Class, and Product sales for each employee. Remember, you can add a business cost to any service, class, or product when creating or editing it. This column gives you the totals within the payroll period you selected.
8. The Total Sales shows you the total amount of Service, Product, and Class sales each employee generated during the pay period.
9. The Commission Amount shows you the total commission for each employee. This commission is based on the percentage of the total amount of sales that you set for the employee when setting up the payroll.
10. The Flat Rate shows you the total commission each employee received based on the number of attendees that made it to a class or appointment. You're able to set this when setting up the payroll. Click the blue link corresponding to the employee to view more information.
11. Once you click the link, you'll be able to see more details regarding the total Flat Rate commission. You can specifically view:
- The appointment date and time of the service or class.
- The name of the specific service/class.
- The employee who was assigned to the item.
- The number of customers who attended the class.
- The total Flat Rate commission the employee received for each service or class.
12. To see the commission totals within a specific date range when looking at the Flat Rate commission, click the calendar icon.
Click the drop-down on the right to see the flat rate commission for another employee.
13. On the right side of the Payroll Report, you can see the total amount of Tips as well as the total each employee collected for their Hourly Salary. You can also see the amount that each employee is owed under the Payroll Due column.
14. At the bottom of the screen, click Export to export the Payroll Report to an Excel or PDF file. Click Print to get a paper copy.
Closing Out Payroll
Click here to learn how to close out your payroll.