To run a Payroll Report, getting a clear breakdown of what is owed to each employee based on your commission structure and hourly rates, follow the steps below.
- How to Set Your Payroll, Commission Structure, and Hourly Salary for Employees
- How to Finalize and Close Out Your Payroll
Let's take a closer look at this feature!
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Payroll Configuration on the left side of the screen under Employees.
3. After configuring the payroll and adding a commission structure, click Save and Run Payroll. Click this link to learn how to set up your payroll in Vagaro: Setting Up Payroll in Vagaro.
4. Click Run Report after selecting the Payroll Period you want to see as well as the Service Providers you want to include. Click Advanced Filters to include Past Employees in the report.
5. Once you click Run Report, you'll be able to view the details of the commission structure you set as well as the total amount of sales, commission amounts, and the amount that is owed to each employee.
At the top of the report, you can see the Payroll Frequency, the Payroll Period you're looking at and the date and time the report was generated.
Let's take a closer look at this report!
6. On the left side, you can see the Hourly Rate that has been set for each employee as well as the total number of hours they worked during the Payroll Period.
7. The Threshold, Commission (%) shows the commission threshold as well as the Below Threshold percentage that was set for each employee.
8. The Business Cost column shows you the total business costs for all Service, Class, and Product sales for each employee. Remember, you can add a business cost to any service, class, or product you create or edit. This column gives you the totals within the payroll period you selected.
9. The Total Sales shows you the total amount of Service, Product, and Class sales each employee generated during the pay period.
10. The Commission Amount shows you the total commission for each employee. This specific commission is based on the percentage of the total amount of sales that was set for the employee when the payroll was configured.
11. The Flat Rate shows you the total commission each employee received based on the number of attendees that made it to a class or appointment. Click the blue link that corresponds to the employee to view more information.
12. Once you click the link, you'll be able to see more details regarding the total Flat Rate commission. You'll specifically be able to view:
- The appointment date and time of the service or class.
- The name of the specific service/class.
- The employee who was assigned to the item.
- The number of customers who attended the class.
- The total Flat Rate commission the employee received for each service/class.
13. To see the commission totals within a specific date range when looking at the Flat Rate commission, click the calendar icon. Click the drop-down to see the totals for another employee.
14. On the right side of the Payroll Report, you'll be able to see the total amount of Tips as well as the total each employee collected for their Hourly Salary. You can also see the amount that each employee is owed under the Payroll Due column.
15. At the bottom of the screen, click Export to export the Payroll Report to an Excel or PDF file. Click Print to get a paper copy.