To run a Payroll Report, getting a clear breakdown of what each employee is owed based on the commission structure and hourly rates you set, follow the steps below.
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Payroll Configuration on the left side of the screen under Employees.
3. After setting up the payroll and adding a commission structure, click Save and Run Payroll. Click this link to learn how to set up your payroll in Vagaro: Setting Up Payroll in Vagaro.
4. Click Run Report after selecting the Payroll Period you want to see as well as the Service Providers you want to include. Click Advanced Filters to include payroll for Past Employees in the report.
5. Once you click Run Report, you can view the details of the commission structure you set as well as the total amount of sales, commission amounts, and the amount that is owed to each employee.
At the top of the report, you can see the Payroll Frequency, the Payroll Period you're looking at and the date and time you created the report.
Let's take a closer look at this report.
6. On the left side, you can see the Hourly Rate that has been set for each employee as well as the total number of hours they worked during the Payroll Period.
7. The Threshold, Commission (%) shows the commission threshold as well as the Below Threshold percentage that was set for each employee.
8. The Business Cost column shows you the total business costs for all Service, Class, and Product sales for each employee. Remember, you can add a business cost to any service, class, or product you create or edit. This column gives you the totals within the payroll period you selected.
9. The Total Sales shows you the total amount of Service, Product, and Class sales each employee generated during the pay period.
10. The Commission Amount shows you the total commission for each employee. This commission is based on the percentage of the total amount of sales that you set for the employee when setting up the payroll.
11. The Flat Rate shows you the total commission each employee received based on the number of attendees that made it to a class or appointment. Click the blue link corresponding to the employee to view more information.
12. Once you click the link, you'll be able to see more details regarding the total Flat Rate commission. You can specifically view:
- The appointment date and time of the service or class.
- The name of the specific service/class.
- The employee who was assigned to the item.
- The number of customers who attended the class.
- The total Flat Rate commission the employee received for each service/class.
13. To see the commission totals within a specific date range when looking at the Flat Rate commission, click the calendar icon.
Click the drop-down on the right to see the totals for another employee.
14. On the right side of the Payroll Report, you can see the total amount of Tips as well as the total each employee collected for their Hourly Salary. You can also see the amount that each employee is owed under the Payroll Due column.
15. At the bottom of the screen, click Export to export the Payroll Report to an Excel or PDF file. Click Print to get a paper copy.