A gift certificate or gift card is a voucher that a customer gives to someone as a present. You can configure it to be for a service or a dollar amount and choose from various pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to your customers.
To sell a gift certificate using the Vagaro Pro App, follow the instructions below. Remember, once the item has been created and assigned to a recipient, they can then redeem it on the Checkout screen.
- Sell and Redeem Gift Cards - Web Version
- Sell and Redeem Gift Cards - Vagaro Pro app
- Sell and Redeem Gift Certificates - Web Version
- Gift Certificate State Regulations
In this article, we will go over:
Selling a Gift Certificate
- Go to Checkout and select a customer.
- Tap Shopping Cart.
- Tap +Add Item and then select Gift.
- Enter the Gift Certificate number or use Auto Generate and then tap Done.
The Add Gift Certificate screen displays.
- Fill in the gift card fields:
- Service/Class: tie this gift certificate to a specific service or class. (Optional)
- Amount: If you don't tie the certificate to a service/class, enter the value.
- Expire on: Select an expiration date using the calendar pop-up, or leave set at Never.
Check your state’s regulations for gift cards and certificates for information and expiration.
- Sender's Name: Will be filled with the selected customer.
- Recipient's Name: Start typing the name of a current customer, and it will fill in. Tap New to create a new profile if the person does not have a customer profile.
Note: A customer must have a profile when a gift certificate is created and issued. The profile must include at least a first and last name.Note: If you do not know the recipient's contact information, create a customer profile of "Gift Certificate" to use. A customer only needs to provide the gift card or certificate number at checkout to redeem it.
- Message: The buyer can provide a message to the recipient.
- Select Print Gift Certificate to print a paper copy.
- Select Send email to [recipient's name] to email the certificate to the recipient.
If you select Send email to, confirm your choice in the pop-up screen:
- Select a template type.
You can choose from pre-configured template designs and images or use your own Business Created designs.
- Tap Preview to preview the certificate.
- On the preview screen, tap the back arrow to make changes, or Save to complete.
- Tap Done.
- Complete the transaction by entering the payment and clicking Checkout.
You'll have another opportunity to print the new Gift Certificate.
Redeeming Gift Certificates
- To redeem a gift certificate, go to Checkout and select a customer.
- Add a service, product, package, or membership.
- Tap Gift Certificate in the payments area.
- Enter the Gift Certificate number in the Search field and tap Search.
When the card is found, you’ll see the card number, the recipient’s name, the current balance on the card, and the sale amount pre-filled under Use Amount. You can change how much to use if wanted.
Note: If a customer has multiple gift cards or certificates, you’ll see them all listed here. Use the switches to select which one to use.
- Tap Done.
- If there is any remaining payment due, enter it and then tap Checkout.