A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or assign a specific service or class to it. You also can choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To sell a gift certificate using the Vagaro Pro App, follow the instructions below. Remember once the item has been created and assigned to a recipient, it can then be redeemed on the Checkout screen.
Let's explore this feature in more detail!
Selling a Gift Certificate
1. Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the client. Then tap Shopping Cart to select the gift certificate you want to sell to the customer.
3. Tap Add Item.
4. Select Gift.
5. Enter the Gift Certificate Number in the box or tap AutoGenerate. This automatically produces and assigns an ID to the item. Tap Scan to scan the barcode if you have a paper copy.
6. Tap Optional to assign a specific service or class to the gift certificate. Let's take a closer look at this option.
6. Select the service or class you want to assign to the gift certificate. Then set the number of visits as well as the dollar amount for those visits.
7. If you decide not to assign a service or class to the electronic gift card, you can assign a dollar amount. Once you've done this, select the Expiration Date as well as the Recipient of the gift certificate. Then enter a message you want to send to the recipient.
8. Tap Email Gift Certificate to Recipient to email a copy to the client who will be receiving the item. Tap Print Gift Certificate to get a paper copy. Tap Select Design to select and add an image to the gift certificate.
9. Select a Template. Once you do this, you can select a specific image you want to add.
10. Select an image.
11. Tap Preview.
12. Tap OK to email the item to the recipient.
13. Tap Save.
14. When you're finished, tap Done.
15. Tap Checkout after processing the payment.
16. Tap Print to get a paper copy.
Redeeming a Gift Certificate
1. Now that we have sold the gift certificate, the recipient can redeem it. To get started, tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the recipient or the person who received the item.
3. Under Amount Due, tap the Gift Certificate option below to redeem the item.
4. Enter the gift certificate number then tap Search or tap Scan to scan the barcode if you have a paper copy.
5. Select the gift certificate you want to use. Then enter the specific dollar amount you want to use on the right side. You can use the full amount or you can apply a partial amount. Tap Done when you're finished.
6. After processing the payment, tap Checkout. You're all set!