Follow the steps below to close out the payroll and mark it as Paid. We also go over how to close cut payroll using the Gusto Integration.
Related Article: Payroll Configuration
Closing out Payroll
2. Click Payroll.
3. Choose the payroll period to close under Payroll Close Date and select employees using the drop-down menu under Service Providers.
The payroll period is based on your selected Payroll Frequency when configuring your payroll.
Remember, if you do not include all employees, you won't be able to finalize employee pay for that period.
4. To include past employees in the payroll, click Advanced Filters.
5. Select Include Past Employee and click Run Report.
The Payroll Report shows the hourly rate and commission for each employee, the total business cost deducted, and the total sales and the commission for each employee. The Payroll Due column shows how much each service provider is owed.
6. At the bottom of the screen, click Export to export the payroll to an Excel spreadsheet or PDF file. Click Print for a paper copy.
7. Click Payroll Paidat the top of the screen to close out the payroll.
This adds it to the Payroll History report, where you can see past payroll that has been marked as paid. Click this link for more information: Payroll History Report.
8. Click OK to confirm.
Closeout Payroll in Gusto
1. After running the Payroll Report, click Run Payroll with Gusto
2. On the pop-up box that displays, you have two options:
- Sync and I'll Finish Later
This option syncs your payroll data to Gusto, but doesn't complete it. You will still need to log into Gusto to complete the payroll and pay your Employees.
- Complete in Gusto
This option finalizes the payroll in Gusto. Choose Complete in Gusto if you are ready to finalize your payroll and pay your employees.
3. You are redirected to your Gusto Dashboard to finalize your payroll. Choose Run Payroll from the options on the left side of the page.
4. Verify that your employees' hours, commission earnings, and payment types are correct, and then click Save & Continue.
You can also select Save Changes for Later.
5. Enter Time Off or Sick Time used during this Pay Period, and then click Save & Continue.
6. Review the payroll before finalizing: Verify that all totals are correct, and click Submit Payroll.
7. The confirmation indicates that Payroll has been submitted successfully.