To close out the payroll and mark it as Paid, watch the video or follow the steps below.
*Remember, to close out your payroll, you have to mark it as paid. If all employees are not included in the report, the Payroll Paid button will not appear and you won't be able to close out the pay for that period.
Let's get started!
Closing out Payroll
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Click Payroll on the left side of the page.
3. Use the arrows under Payroll Close Date to select the specific payroll period you want to close out. The payroll period is based on the Payroll Frequency you selected when configuring your payroll.
Click the drop-down under Service Providers to select the employees you want to include in the payroll report. Remember, if you do not include all employees, you won't be able to finalize employee pay for that period.
4. To include past employees in the payroll, click Advanced Filters.
5. Once you click Advanced Filters, the Include Past Employee option appears. Select this option to include past employees in the report.
Click Run Report when you're ready.
6. You can see the hourly rate and commission you set for each employee. You can also see the total business cost that was deducted as well as the total sales and the commission each employee received. On the right side of the screen, under Payroll Due, you can see and how much each service provider is owed.
7. At the bottom of the screen, click Export to export the payroll to an Excel or PDF file. Click Print to get a paper copy.
8. Click Payroll Paid at the top of the screen to close out the payroll. This adds it to the Payroll History report where you can see past payroll that has been marked as paid. Click this link for more information: How to See Your Payroll History in Vagaro.
9. Click OK to confirm.