To close out the payroll and mark it as Paid, watch the video or follow the steps below. We also go over how to Close Out Payroll using the Gusto Integration.
*Remember, to close out your payroll, you have to mark it as paid. If all employees are not included in the report, the Payroll Paid button will not appear and you won't be able to close out the pay for that period.
Let's get started!
Closing out Payroll
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Click Payroll on the left side of the page.
3. Use the arrows under Payroll Close Date to select the specific payroll period you want to close out. The payroll period is based on the Payroll Frequency you selected when configuring your payroll.
Click the drop-down under Service Providers to select the employees you want to include in the payroll report. Remember, if you do not include all employees, you won't be able to finalize employee pay for that period.
4. To include past employees in the payroll, click Advanced Filters.
5. Once you click Advanced Filters, the Include Past Employee option appears. Select this option to include past employees in the report.
Click Run Report when you're ready.
6. You can see the hourly rate and commission you set for each employee. You can also see the total business cost that was deducted as well as the total sales and the commission each employee received. On the right side of the screen, under Payroll Due, you can see and how much each service provider is owed.
7. At the bottom of the screen, click Export to export the payroll to an Excel or PDF file. Click Print to get a paper copy.
8. Click Payroll Paid at the top of the screen to close out the payroll. This adds it to the Payroll History report where you can see past payroll that has been marked as paid. Click this link for more information: How to See Your Payroll History in Vagaro.
9. Click OK to confirm.
How to Close out Payroll Using Gusto
1. After running the Payroll Report you will click on Run Payroll with Gusto
2. A pop up will appear, on this pop up you will have two options. You can choose Sync and I'll Finish Later, or you can finalize the payroll in Gusto by selecting the Complete in Gusto option.
Choosing the Sync and I'll Finish Later option will sync your payroll data to Gusto, but will not complete it. You will still need to log into Gusto to complete the payroll and pay your Employees.
Choose Complete in Gusto if you are ready to finalize your payroll and pay your Employees.
3. You will be redirected to Gusto to finalize your payroll at this time. You will be sent to your Dashboard page. From here, you will need to choose Run Payroll from the options on the left side of the page.
4. Verify that your Employees hours, commission earnings, and payment type are correct. Once you have made sure that the information is accurate, click Save & Continue. You can also Save Changes for Later if needed.
5. Enter in any Time Off or Sick Time that your Employees used during this Pay Period, Once finished, click Save & Continue.
6. Before you finalize your Payroll, you will need to review it. Verify that all of the totals are correct, then click Submit Payroll at the bottom of the screen.
7. A confirmation page will appear. Payroll has been submitted successfully.