To refund a credit card transaction, follow the steps below when using a computer or the Desktop Version of Vagaro.
*Remember, refunds, on average, take about 24 hours to deposit to a customer's bank account.
Let's get started!
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Transaction List on the left side of the page.
3. Once you find the customer as well as the transaction, click the Action drop-down that corresponds to the item on the left side of the screen. Then click Refund.
Click this link to learn how to run a Transaction List report: How to Run a Transaction List Report.
4. Find the item that you want to refund. Then click the box that corresponds to it under Credit Refund on the right side of the page.
5. Enter the Refund Amount. Then click Next.
6. Enter how you want to distribute the Refund Amount. You can distribute it as cash, credit card and/or as a gift certificate. Click Refund when you're finished.
7. Enter a reason for the refund. Select Email Receipt to email the receipt to the client. Click Print Receipt to get a paper copy.
8. Click Refund.
9. You can see that the transaction has been refunded on the Transaction List. Click the drop-down to view the Receipt.
10. Once you click Receipt, you can print or email it to the client.