You can split a tip between multiple employees when using the EMV reader to check out customers on both the Vagaro Pro and Web applications.
- Using the EMV Reader with Vagaro Pro
- Using the EMV Reader with a Mac or Windows Computer
- EMV Reader Status Colors
Let's get started!
- Split a Tip Using the Vagaro Pro app (next)
- Split a Tip Using the Web application
Split a Tip Using the Vagaro Pro app
- Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
- Pair your EMV reader to Vagaro, select a customer, and add items to the Checkout screen, tap Pay with Card.
- You have a choice of checkout types: COVID-Clean or on This Device:
- Tap, dip or swipe the card into the EMV reader to process the payment.
- Have the customer select a Tip option. Tap Split to split the tip if multiple service providers have been added to the Checkout screen.
- If you selected Split, enter the amount for each employee, and then tap Continue.
- Tap Next after selecting the tip.
- Have the customer sign on the screen and tap Charge Card when you're ready.
Split a Tip Using the Web application
- Go to the Checkout screen.
- Connect with your reader using the Connect button.
It will change to Pay With Card when connected. Click it to process the payment.
- Click Print Tip Receipt to get a paper copy.
- The customer can add a Tip as well as a Signature to the receipt.
- The card can now be dipped, tapped, or swiped through the chip reader.
- Transfer the tip information from the paper Receipt when processing the payment with the reader.
Click Split Tip if there is more than one service provider for this checkout.
Click Charge Card when you're ready.
- You'll see a prompt telling you not to remove the card while the transaction is being processed.
- When the transaction has been completed, you'll be prompted to remove the card.