The Save For Later option allows you to save client services and items that have been added to the Checkout screen and check them out at a later time. This is great if you get interrupted while checking out a customer and need to leave the Checkout page.
To explore this feature in more detail, follow the steps below.
What to Know About the Save For Later Feature
- You can save up to 20 records or clients at a time. If you try to save more clients to this list, you'll get a message stating that you’ve gone over the limit. It'll then ask you if you want to delete the last record you added in order to add the new one you're trying to save to the list. Click Delete to confirm this action.
- Clients are displayed in ascending order based on the created date and time. Once you select a client on the list, you'll be able to see the items they purchased or booked on the Checkout screen. You'll then be able to collect payment.
- Customers will automatically be removed from the Save for Later list after 48 hours.
1. Click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Click the In Today tab to select a customer who came in for an appointment today. Click All Customers to select a client from your current customer list. Click Save for Later to view customer services and items you've previously chosen to save for later and will check out at a later time.
When you're ready, select the customer.
3. Once you select the client, click the drop-down to the right of the Checkout option at the bottom of the screen. Then select Save For Later. This action adds the customer's services and items to the Save For Later list and allows you to complete the checkout of the client at a later time. Let's explore this option in more detail.
4. Once you select the Save For Later option, you'll be able to see the client on the Save For Later list. If you hover over the customer, the X close option appears. Click this if you want to remove the client from the list.
To collect payment for the customer's items, select the customer on the list. This action takes you to the Checkout screen where you can collect payment.
5. If you clicked the X close option, you'll be asked to confirm the removal of the client from the list. Click Remove. If you do not want to delete the client from the Save For Later list, click Cancel.
6. Remember, you can save up to 20 records or clients at a time. If you try to save more clients to the Save For Later list, you'll get a message stating that you’ve gone over the maximum limit. It'll then ask you if you want to delete the last record you added in order to add the new one you're trying to save to the list. Click Delete to confirm this action.