A Gap Processing Time allows you to book another appointment while a service is being completed. This way, you can take on more bookings and maximize your schedule.
Take this for example. Let's say you have a customer who has booked a hair and color service and the service requires them to sit under a drier for 45 minutes. Since the customer will not need help during this time, you can book another appointment during this time frame. This is your gap time!
To remove the processing time from a service, follow these steps when using the Desktop Version:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen.
- Once you find the service, click the three dots that correspond to it. Then click Edit to make changes to the service and remove the Gap Time.
- Click on the slot where a gap time has been set. Then click Edit once this option appears.
- Click Remove Gap.
- Once you're finished, click Save at the bottom of the screen. Then you're all set!
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Service/Class Menu.
3. Select the Services option at the top of the screen.
4. Once you find the service, click the three dots that correspond to it. Then click Edit to make changes to the service and remove the Gap Time.
5. Once a Gap Time has been added to a service, you can remove it by placing the cursor in the box where a processing time has been set for the employee. Then select Edit once this option appears.
6. Click Remove Gap.
7. Click Save at the bottom of the screen, and you're good to go!