Add Promo Codes so customers can use them when shopping on your online booking page. Set Preset Discounts for services, classes, products, memberships, as well as packages. Create discounts for special occasions such as holidays and festivals and conveniently add them when checking out clients in Vagaro.
You can also:
- Set a start date and time as well as an expiration date for each discount you create.
- Limit discounts to new clients or specific users.
- Use the Mass Edit feature to seamlessly add discounts to multiple items at the same time.
In this article, we'll go over how to:
- Create a Preset Discount and Online Promo Code
- Set Discounts for Services and Classes
- Set Discounts for Products
- Set Discounts for Memberships and Packages
- Apply a Preset Discount at Checkout
- Manage and Track Preset Discounts
*Remember, a promo discount code can be combined with a daily deal.
Let's get started!
Creating Preset Discounts on the Desktop Version
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Discounts on the left side of the screen under Things We Sell.
3. Click New Discount to add a new discount.
Creating a Discount
1. Enter the Discount Name or title, a Description and select the Date & Time you want to make the discount available to customers.
Select Discount Has an Expiration Date to set a date and item you want the discount to expire.
Click Create Promotion Code for Online Shopping Cart to create a Promo Code that customers can use when shopping on your online booking page. Remember, you first have to activate the Online Shopping Cart to offer promo codes. Click here for more information.
2. Select Limit Total Number of Uses to set the number of times a discount can be used. Once you select this option, you'll be prompted to enter the number in the Total Number of Uses field. In the example below, we're limiting the discount to the first 10 users.
3. Select Limit to One Use Per Customer if you want the customers to use the discount just once.
4. Select Minimum Purchase Amount to set the minimum amount a customer must spend to use the discount. Then enter the amount in the field under Amount Spent.
5. Select New Customers Only to make the discount available to only new clients.
6. If you choose not to select the New Customers Only option, you can offer the discount to customers with specific General Tags. Under Offer to customers with the following tags: click the Select Tags search box to limit the discount to clients with a particular general tag.
Remember a General Tag is a keyword or a phrase that is added to a customer's profile. It can be used as an identifier or as a way to find a client. Click here for more information.
7. Once you click the Select tags search box, you can select the customer tags you want to limit the discount to. A highlighted blue color means the tag has been chosen. Click Apply when you're finished.
Setting Discounts for Services and Classes
1. Now that we have customized the settings of the preset discount, let's start adding services, classes, products, memberships, and packages. Then, once we add them, we can set a discount we want to assign to each item.
Let's first add services and classes. Click the Services/Classes & Products option. Select the Services & Classes tab below this. Then click the red Add button.
2. Select the services or classes you want to add. Then click the green Add button.
3. Now that we have added the items, let's set the discount for each one. You can enter the discounts manually on the right side of the screen or you can click Mass Edit to set the discounts for multiple services and classes at the same time. Let's explore this option.
4. Select the services and classes. Then enter the Discount you want to add. Click the $ to add the discount as a dollar amount. Click the % to add it as a percentage. Click Apply when you're finished.
5. Now that we have added the discounts to each item, we can edit them individually on the right side of the screen.
You can also group services or classes together within a discount. Select the items on the left side of the page. Then click Group.
6. Click Group to confirm the grouping of the selected services or classes.
7. We've now been able to create a grouping. In the example below, we grouped Restorative Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, and Bikram Yoga. Now we can set a discount for this grouping. You can enter it as a percentage or dollar amount on the right side of the screen.
8. Click Ungroup to remove a grouping once you have selected it on the left side of the page. Click Delete to remove the selected items from the discount.
Setting Discounts for Products
1. Now that we have added services and classes and set the discount for those items, let's do the same for products. Click the Products tab. Then click Add Product to add products to the preset discount we're creating.
2. Select the products you want to add. Then click Add when you're finished.
3. We can now set a discount for each item on the right side of the screen or we can click Mass Edit to add discounts to multiple products at once. Let's explore this option in more detail.
4. Once you click Mass Edit, select the products you want to add. Then enter the discount you want to add to the selected items. Click Apply when you're done.
5. Now that we have added the discounts to each item, we can edit each one individually on the right side of the screen.
To group products together within the discount, select the items on the left side of the page. Then click Group.
6. Click Group to confirm the grouping of the selected products.
7. We've now been able to create a grouping. In the example below, we grouped Aveda Lotion, Aveda Shampoo, and Comfort Zone Body Butter. Now we can set a discount for this grouping. You can enter it as a percentage or dollar amount on the right side of the screen.
8. To remove a grouping, select the group on the left side of the page. Then click Ungroup. Click Delete to remove the selected items from the preset discount.
9. Click Save once you're finished.
Setting Discounts for Memberships and Packages
1. We've added and set discounts for services, classes, and products. Let's now do the same for memberships and packages.
Click the Memberships & Packages tab. A blue color means it's been selected. Then click the red Add button to start adding the memberships and packages to the preset discount.
2. Select the Memberships and Packages you want to set a discount for. Then click the green Add button.
3. Now that we have added the items, we can manually enter the discounts for each one on the right side of the screen or we can click Mass Edit to add discounts to multiple items at once. Let's look at this option more closely.
4. Once you click Mass Edit, select the memberships and/or packages. Enter the discount you want to assign to the selected items. Then click Apply.
5. Now that we have added the discounts to the items, you can edit them manually on the right side of the page. Click Save when you're finished.
Applying a Preset Discount at Checkout
1. To use a preset discount when checking out a customer, click Checkout at the top of the screen. Select the Customer. Then select the service, class, product, membership or package that's been added to one of the preset discounts you've created.
Once you select the item, click the Apply a Discount drop-down. Then select the discount you want to add.
2. After processing the payment, click Checkout.
Managing Preset Discounts
1. Once you create your Preset Discounts, you can manage all of them on the main Discounts screen. You can specifically see:
- The Date it was announced.
- The title or Discount Name.
- The Discount Type (Daily Deal or Preset Discount).
- The status.
- The employee who created the discount.
- The Period (start and expiration date of the discount).
- The Revenue or the total amount that was earned from the discount.
To temporarily deactivate the discount, select the Active switch corresponding to the item on the right side.
2. You can search for discounts by entering the name or type in the search box labeled Search Discounts at the top of the screen.
For example, if you enter Preset Discount, you'll be able to limit your search to items that are preset discounts. If you enter the actual Discount Name, you'll be able to find a specific discount.
To the right of the search box, click the All Discounts drop-down to filter the report by discount type. Click Search once you're done selecting the filters you want to apply.
3. You'll see a list of the discounts based on the filters you applied in the previous step. Once you locate the item you're looking for, click the three dots that correspond to it on the right side of the page. Then click Duplicate to create a duplicate of the item. Click Delete to remove it from the list.
4. To view more specifics about a discount, including its analytics and data, find the discount on the list. Then click the Announced option that corresponds to it in the middle of the screen. Click here to learn more: How to Use Analytics from Daily Deals and Preset Discounts to Boost Your Revenue in Vagaro on the Desktop Version.