Memberships allow you to add discounts to multiple services, classes, and products at once. You additionally can offer discounts based on a set number of visits as well as set specific auto-renew options, which allow you to charge clients automatically based on the charge frequency you set.
To sell and redeem a membership in Vagaro from the Vagaro Pro App, follow the steps below.
*Remember, to sell and redeem memberships, you must first create it. Click this link for more information. Additionally, to redeem a visit from a membership, the customer must book the appointment or class within the expiration date of the membership.
Let's get started!
How to Sell a Membership
1. Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the client. Then tap Shopping Cart to select the membership you want to sell.
3. Tap Add Item.
4. Select Membership.
5. Tap Select Membership to choose the membership you want to sell to the customer.
6. Select the Membership.
7. You'll be able to change the Charge Frequency and Price. You can also select a different Payment Date, enable or disable the Auto Renewal option and set the Auto Renew Limit.
In the example below, we entered "3" in the Auto Renew Limit field. This means that the membership will auto-renew no more than three times. Tap Next when you're finished.
8. If you selected to auto-renew the membership (charging the client's credit card on file based on the Charge Frequency you select), you'll be prompted to enter the customer's credit card information. Tap Save when you're finished.
9. Once you've added the membership, tap Done.
10. Tap Checkout after entering the remaining payment to finalize the sale.
11. You'll be able to print or email a copy of the receipt.
How to Redeem a Membership
1. Now that we have sold the membership to the client, it can now be redeemed. Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the customer. Then tap Shopping Cart to select the item that's been added to the membership.
3. Once you've selected the item or service that's been added to a membership, tap on the item on the screen to use the membership. The MS initials mean it has been assigned to a membership. Notice the membership automatically redeems by default.
4. Select Use Membership Discount. A red color means the option has been turned on. Then tap Save at the bottom of the screen.
5. On the next screen, tap Done.
6. After entering the remaining payment, tap Checkout.