A workshop is a short and intensive program dedicated to educating a small group of people about techniques and skills in a particular field.
Workshops enable businesses to make substantial extra income. They are also a great way to attract new customers, particularly if you offer free or low-cost sessions.
Payment for workshops is normally due up front, which helps with cash flow. Attendees are required to take all sessions in sequential order to gradually build their skill set.
To book a workshop in Vagaro using the Desktop Version, follow these steps.
- Click Calendar at the top of the screen.
- After going to the preferred day, select an available time.
- Once you're finished setting up the item, click Book.
Remember, you first have to add a workshop to your Service/Class Menu before scheduling it on your calendar. Click this link to learn more about adding a new workshop in Vagaro: How to Add a Workshop in Vagaro on the Web Version.
Let's get started!
1. Click Calendar at the top of the screen.
2. Once you've gone to the preferred day, select a time slot. Then click New Class.
3. Under Class Name, click the drop-down to select the class that's been created as a Workshop. Select the Date, Time, and Instructor. Then enter the Capacity (the maximum number of attendees) and Duration (the time length).
4. Under Add Comment, enter a message you want to add to the workshop. When you edit it the workshop once it's booked, you can see the comments added by clients who book online.
Below the comment box, select the preferred Repeat option. You can repeat the workshop Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly. Once you're finished, click Book.
5. Once the workshop has been booked, it will appear on your Calendar. If you select it, you can do the following:
- Make changes to the workshop (Click Edit).
- Add more participants to the workshop (Click Add Attendees).
- Delete it (Click Delete).
- Change the status if the class has begun (Click Class in Process).
- Check out a client so you can collect payment (Click Class Complete).
- Cancel the class (Click Cancel).