A workshop is a short and intensive program dedicated to educating a small group of people about techniques and skills in a particular field.
Workshops enable businesses to make substantial extra income. They are also a great way to attract new customers, particularly if you offer free or low-cost sessions.
Payment for workshops is normally due upfront, which helps with cash flow. Attendees are required to take all sessions in sequential order to gradually build their skill set.
To book a workshop in Vagaro, follow these steps when using a computer or the Desktop Version.
- Click Calendar at the top of the screen.
- Go to the preferred day and employee calendar. Then select an available time.
- Click Book when you're finished setting everything up.
Remember, you first have to add a workshop to your Service/Class Menu before scheduling it on your calendar. Click here to learn more.
Let's get started!
Scheduling a Workshop
1. Click Calendar at the top of the screen.
2. Find the preferred day and employee calendar. Select an open time slot. Then click New Class.
3. Under Class Name, click the drop-down to select the class that's been created as a Workshop. Select the Date, Time, and Instructor. Then enter the Capacity (the maximum number of attendees) and Duration (the time length).
4. Under Add Comment, enter a message you want to add to the workshop. When you edit it the workshop once it's booked, you can see the comments added by clients who book online.
Below the comment box, select the preferred Repeat option. You can repeat the workshop Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly. Click Book when you're ready.
5. Once the workshop has been booked, it will appear on your Calendar. If you select it, you can do the following:
- Make changes to the workshop (Click Edit).
- Add more participants to the workshop (Click Add Attendees).
- Delete it (Click Delete).
- Change the status of the class if it has begun (Click Class in Process).
- Check out a client so you can process the payment (Click Class Complete).
- Cancel the class (Click Cancel).