A Personal Task allows you to schedule time off for sick days, vacations, holidays, lunch breaks, as well as any special meetings or tasks that need to be completed. You can disable online booking during the time frame a personal task is set and create recurring tasks, repeating them daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
To book a personal task, follow these steps when using the Desktop Version:
- Click Calendar at the top of the screen.
- After going to the preferred day, select any available time slot on the calendar of the employee.
- Select Personal Task.
- Once you're done creating the task, select Book. Then you're good to go!
When adding a Personal Task, be aware of the following:
- A dark brown color on a personal task appointment block indicates that customers will not be able to book online during the time range that a task has been set.
- A light brown color means that online booking has been turned on.
Let's get started!
1. Click Calendar at the top of the screen.
2. After going to the preferred day, select a time slot on the calendar of the employee you want to set the task for. Then click Personal Task.
3. Click the drop-down under Personal Task. Then select the preferred option.
4. Once you've selected the Personal Task, click Block Online Booking if you do not want to allow customers to book online during the time frame that a personal task is set. Deselect the option if you want clients to book online during the time that a task has been scheduled.
Click Full Day Off if you want to block off your whole schedule for the day.
5. If you do not want to block off your whole schedule, select the preferred start and end times. Under Add Comment, you can add a comment to the task.
6. To create a recurring task, select one of the repeat options below. You can repeat the event Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly. Once you're finished, click Save.
7. Once the task has been booked, you can see it on the Calendar. If you select it, you can Edit or Delete it. A bent arrow on the appointment block means it is a recurring task.
8. When editing a non-recurring Personal Task, the History button appears below. Select this option to see the history of all the changes to the task.
9. Under Personal Task History, you can see the person who created the task as well as the date and time it was created.
Below, you can see the date and time of the task, the duration of the task, the service provider's calendar on which the task was booked, the person who modified the task if it was edited or updated at any point, the date and time it was modified, the Status, and the Action. The latter allows you to see if the appointment was edited or moved at any point.
A Personal Task with a dark brown color means that you have turned off online booking during that time frame.
A Personal Task with a lighter brown color means you've chosen to allow online booking.