A Personal Task allows you to schedule time off for sick days, vacations, holidays, lunch breaks, as well as any special meetings or tasks that need to be completed. You can disable online booking during the time frame a personal task is set and create recurring tasks, repeating them daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
To book a personal task, watch the video or follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version.
Keep these things in mind when adding a Personal Task:
- A dark brown color on a personal task appointment block indicates that customers will not be able to book online during the time frame that a task has been set.
- A light brown color means that online booking has been turned on.
Booking a Personal Task
1. Click Calendar at the top of the screen once you log in.
2. Go to the preferred day. Select a time slot on the calendar of the employee you want to set the task for. Then click Personal Task.
3. Click the drop-down under Personal Task to select the option you prefer.
4. Select Block Online Booking if you do not want to allow customers to book online during the time frame that a personal task is set. Deselect the option if you want clients to book online.
Click Full Day Off if you want to block off your schedule for the day.
5. If you choose not to block off the full day, select a specific from and to time. Under Add Comment, you can add a comment to the task.
6. To create a recurring task, select one of the repeat options below. You can repeat the event Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly. Click Save when you're ready.
7. You can see the task on the Calendar. To edit or delete it, select the task. Then choose the option you prefer. A bent arrow on the appointment block means it is a recurring task.
8. When editing a Personal Task, the History button appears below. Select this option to see a record of all the changes to the task.
9. Under Personal Task History, you can see the person who created the task as well as the date and time it was created. Below this, you can also see the following:
- The date and time of the task (Appointment Date).
- The duration of the task (Duration).
- The comment that was added to the task (Comment).
- The service provider's calendar on which the task was booked (Service Provider).
- The person who edited the task. (Modified Date).
- The date and time it was modified (Modified Date).
- The Status or type of personal task you set.
- The Action. This allows you to see where the appointment was changed.
A Personal Task with a dark brown color means that you have turned off online booking during that time frame.
A Personal Task with a lighter brown color means you're allowing online booking.